Facebook 2.0 Is LIVE!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Not that I'm too lazy to type but I didn't know how to spell it. :)

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hey, I found an interesting connection between Twittelator Pro and Facebook 2.0.

There are new emoticons in Twittelator Pro and if you set up your Facebook to accept Twitters as your status, then those icons will also show up in Facebook 2.0, like this:

For some reason, some of these icons do not show up in the web versions of Twitter and Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
thats crazy, me and my friend were just saying before the update that the facebook app needs notifications and friend request, and now it does:laugh2:

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
this app. is better than facebook itself

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I actually prefer this app over the real web version of facebook. Especially browsing photos with a flick. I love it!

ibodybuild

Bronze
Sep 21, 2008
The new version is working great for me!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Anyone else having issues where the new facebook app will freeze up your phone? I usually have this issue when trying to look at messages in my inbox. It will completely freeze up the phone and I'll have to do a hard reboot. Other than that little issue I love this app.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Anyone else having issues where the new facebook app will freeze up your phone? I usually have this issue when trying to look at messages in my inbox. It will completely freeze up the phone and I'll have to do a hard reboot. Other than that little issue I love this app.
Nope, so far, so good. I like this a lot. Very easy to use, and no crashes at all. Like others, I like it better than the web version now.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Nope, so far, so good. I like this a lot. Very easy to use, and no crashes at all. Like others, I like it better than the web version now.
same here.
never had a problem

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
I think the Facebook app is horrible. Very buggy. When I look at my notifications tab (people who have commented on my stuff) and touch on an item either 1) nothing happens or 2) I get taken to their profile instead of the item they commented on. But mostly, nothing happens. What's the point of this app if it doesn't even work? And yes, I've deleted and reinstalled once already.

Anyone know a fix for this? Is there one?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
The reason it does that is that it doesn't allow you to use any facebook apps including notes so when you click on something it just leads to their profile rather than the app. I hope that made sense.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
The reason it does that is that it doesn't allow you to use any facebook apps including notes so when you click on something it just leads to their profile rather than the app. I hope that made sense.
So it's SUPPOSED to be like that? I can't do anything with my notifications. I can't reply to stuff people have posted on my notes. It's meant to be that way? That's useless in my book.

Mavery003

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Is there any way to do groups / invitations / and video?

I love the mobile pic upload though. I'm always too lazy to upload pictures from my real camera...or even take them to begin with!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Is there any way to do groups / invitations / and video?

I love the mobile pic upload though. I'm always too lazy to upload pictures from my real camera...or even take them to begin with!
No you can't use any apps in facebook. Notes, Events, Groups, iLike, Video, etc are all apps. They are currently not accessible through the facebook app. Thats why you always get linked to the user's profile.

tenashus

Jun 30, 2007
No you can't use any apps in facebook. Notes, Events, Groups, iLike, Video, etc are all apps. They are currently not accessible through the facebook app. Thats why you always get linked to the user's profile.
Any idea if they are going to fix this on the next update for Facebook?

I sure would like to get to my notes!

EmiCru

Jan 26, 2009
yes i had some trouble with the keyboard myself, takes a bit of getting used to i suppose.