Facebook App not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Torti, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Torti

Torti New Member

The facebook ap on my iPhone had been acting up. When I touch the ap it briefly goes to FB then disappears and goes back to regular phone menu. Just wondered if anyone has encountered this problem.

2. jafundy

jafundy Member
    Bronze

Not that one but have had others. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No more problems.

3. Torti

Torti New Member

I've tried that twice and it still isn't working. It happened the other day and then was ok. Now it's acting up again. I downloaded the regular fb site but I'm so used to the ap one that it's just annoying it isn't working!

4. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

Try rebooting your device.

5. Torti

Torti New Member

Been there, done that...numerous times! Seems to be working now, but it's hit and miss. Thought maybe others had experienced this problem. Interesting info on this site though; glad I joined up! Thanks everyone!

6. disismrc

disismrc New Member

There's a new update for the FB, dud u update?

7. Torti

Torti New Member

Yup did that. Fb is having issues. I was on another forum and there were a lot if people with same issue. One of them suggested a temp fix and so far it's working. Thanks!

8. justinss

justinss Member

Anyone else having problems with the Facebook App? I try to log in and it just says "Logging in..." and won't do anything else. When I finally do get logged in after about a min. it will kick me off and I'll have to log in again. It also won't save my password. I already deleted it and downloaded it again and it's still doing it. It's really annoying.

9. Mariouk

Mariouk Member
    Bronze

Are u on wifi ? Mine always does this and can be sluggish over wifi. When I switch to 3G it's fine! Must be a bug with the app, some sorta wifi bug?

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I always use the FB app on wifi and have no problem logging in. It will lag sometimes and could be a FB issue. There was an issue with an update and if you were using BiteSMS that wouldn't allow you to log in, but if you got the latest FB app that was repaired. What phone, ios etc... You using?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

11. justinss

justinss Member

3GS version 4.2.1

Facebook version 3.3.3

12. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Contributor
    Bronze

I had problems with mine after the latest up date. I un installed and re downloaded from the app store and all is fine.

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Guess we should also ask, is it just FB that's giving you problems? Can you get to other sites on safari or other web apps?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

14. The Flying Brick

The Flying Brick New Member

I've had issue with the FB App over the past week in both WiFi and 3G, can read but not write anything nor upload images. A couple of hours later it all seems to come right. All started happening after the latest update... Odd .... Could be something with the latest patch. Or in my case something to do with NZ web access.

15. Tug

Tug Member
    Silver

Whenever someone sends me a private message on FB and I try to respond I cant get the keyboard to pop up. I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the mobile version than I have to click on my inbox and respond that way. Definitely a pain in the butt

16. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

This isn't the app right? Sounds like your using safari or something and using FB from that.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

17. jaye-ichi

jaye-ichi New Member

Same thing happened to me twice. I had to delete it and it wouldn't let me reinstall kept saying I had it installed. I emailed them n after amonth I was finally able to reinstall. Now it's happened again same thing and I haven't been able to reinstall for about 3 weeks. I reopted the problem and heard nothing. I tried rebooting etc nothing worked. I have no idea how to fix it but it's annoying as hell

18. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

Are any of you experiencing the FB app crashing today? I open it for the last couple hours and start scrolling and it crashes. Just me?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

19. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Haven't had any issues w/FB today yet. I've used it a few times today only.

20. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

No problems here, but I have seen reports of people experiencing problems with the app crashing.