Facebook app search

superchaos

Bronze
Feb 20, 2013
If I'm searching for a friend in Facebook app how do I change within search filters to find someone in there city other then mine or even my school.I can't find an option or anything from the web?I've done it in the PC no problem but can't do it on my iPhone.

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I just checked using the Facebook app on the iPhone 5 and I could not see any type of search filters. You would think they would have this.

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Sadly, there are a lot of little features like that left out of the App.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Is there a logical reason why these type of features are left out?
Sent using iCafe app
Think about what you just asked. Logical - Facebook, these two don't play well together! LMAO
Seriously though, I have no clue. I just remember FB had said they didn't think they really needed a mobile type app. Shoot, there still is t a dedicated app for iPad yet.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is there a logical reason why these type of features are left out?
Probably the same reason forum apps are limited in features - to keep them simple and easy to use.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Probably the same reason forum apps are limited in features - to keep them simple and easy to use.
That is a great point. If people really want to search for people in a particular area etc, they can go on the computer. It is possible, just not for the iPhone. I myself only use the Facebook app to see who is on the chat and to see recent updates on my news feed.

Sent using iCafe app