Facebook App suddenly quits

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Hey Guys,

I've been using the new Facebook app happily until yesterday, when it suddenly quits on me constantly. It will launch, but then immediately quit. I've tried removing it and re-downloading, respringing, restarting.

I'm on a 2g 8gb iPhone with 2.1 Jailbroken.

I believe the only change I've made was to download the new MXTube app. I could remove that but would hate to have to re-download all the movies I have saved...however if this is my only option let me know. I have reinstalled MXTube as well thinking that might solve the issue, but to no avail.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

-Phil

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
You've tried deleting the App off your phone and iTunes right? Install it again, then restart your phone, and open the app. If not, maybe it has to do with your JB.

dandrews

Oct 23, 2008
Same happened to me on my iPod touch today. I didn't change anything on the device. Opened yesterday. Won't today. It should come back when the app developers get wind of the problem and put up a new version that should automatically update.

I've been using the new Facebook app happily until yesterday, when it suddenly quits on me constantly. It will launch, but then immediately quit. I've tried removing it and re-downloading, respringing, restarting.

dandrews

Oct 23, 2008
Same happened to me on my iPod touch today. I didn't change anything on the device. Opened yesterday. Won't today. It should come back when the app developers get wind of the problem and put up a new version that should automatically update.
Actually I just discovered my Google App crashes on load as well. That's troubling...

dandrews

Oct 23, 2008
And just as quickly as the Facebook App and Google App stopped working, they are working again.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Have you tried hard resetting your phone (holding down the home button and the sleep button at the same time)?

Edit-Oh, wait, they are working for you, never ming.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
And just as quickly as the Facebook App and Google App stopped working, they are working again.
Did you sync with your computer?

My wife's V1 was having issues with no appstore apps loading... it would just crash to the springboard. After hooking her up to iTunes and enduring a long backup (which is odd because she just got one of those and subsequent backups are usually speedy), her phone is back to normal.