Facebook App uploads

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Sorry to post another Facebook thread as I see the one started by reginaalear, but I am fairly certain that it is "permissions related" and I was hoping someone might know where/how to fix.

Obviously we all are aware at this point that some people are experiencing an issue with FB where we post from the app or upload a pic from the app and it only shows on our wall instead of the News Feed.

Prior to getting my iPhone, I had used the app on my touch and I had gone into my application list and deleted the app by mistake. I had a hunch that might be the issue so yesterday I did some experimenting...

I logged into my wifes FB account from my phone and I was able to post statuses and pics and they immediately showed up on her Wall and the News Feed...I then created a new "dummy" FB account, logged in from my phone and statuses and pics showed up immediately on the Wall and News Feed. Clearly 2 separate FB accounts that had never been associated with the iPhone App had no issues posting.

My theory is that because I deleted the app permissions from my FB Account when I was using the iPod touch that the App no longer has permissions to post to the News Feed. So my question is does anyone know how to re-add the app to my account so I can adjust permissions?

Sorry the post is long, but I wanted to make sure I gave as much info as possible!

Thanks in advance everyone!

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Thanks for taking the time Menolle but my Account Security menu doesn't even show my iPhone or Touch as a device.

I submitted a bug report to FB so I guess we'll see!

I really appreciate your effort to help!
Thank you!