Facebook Notifications in Notification Center

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by 47seijar, Feb 22, 2015.

1. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I get notifications from Facebook just fine. When I click on the notification in the notification center it opens the Facebook app just fine and takes me to whatever the notification was about. Great - just like it should. But the app doesn't then mark the notification as read. I still have the red circle on the app's icon telling me I have notifications. I would very much like the app to recognize that I've read/used the notification in question and have it disappear from the app.

I would like to have it so when I use the iPhone's notification center to view something new within Facebook the FB app recognizes that I've answered the notification and mark it as read. Does this make sense to anyone? Does anybody have a solution, maybe something I've overlooked in settings?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Usually this means like an app I have as well, that you need to exit out of the notification in Facebook like if it was a message, and go to messages to clear it.

For me, the app Vine alerts me of someone's new Vine. Just because I watch it doesn't mean the mark will go away. I have to go to notifications in the app to clear it.

3. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Yeah, I figured it was a case like yours with Vine. The app and the os don't talk to each other and sync notifications status. But I wish it did.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It upsets me for sure but not a big deal I suppose. :p

5. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

No, not terribly upsetting, but it would be nice to see it work like that. It just seems to be a smarter way for a smartphone to behave.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're absolutely right, but it could also be with the app. For example, my app 'Buddy TV' that I have, when it notifies me of a show coming on, and I open the app and close the app, it knows that and the badge goes away.

7. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

That's the way apps SHOULD work. The app talks to the notification center and the notification center talks back. Notifications, both in-app and on the notification center on the phone, should sync.