Facebook on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by abalk, Sep 4, 2012.

1. abalk

abalk New Member

Is there any way to sync your fb friends bdays and events to your iPad like you do on a phone?

2. Bonniea

Bonniea New Member

Is it just me or is the facebook app hard to use. . . I've not gotten the hang of it.

3. warnersisters

warnersisters New Member

Found this for you: Go to your facebook account, click on link for birthdays or events, scroll down to export and click, copy link, open up your google calendar and click to add calendar, select web URL and paste the link from facebook in. Set up google sync for your iPhone or iPad by going to Google Sync services and follow instructions for iPhone. On iPhone add your gmail account to iPhone as an exchange account and make sure calendar is set to on. Now in calendar app click calendars and make sure the name for your calendars with the birthdays is selected.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Nice find, but good lord... Could they have made it just a bit more of a pain? Another screw up on FB part. They had a sync tab for friends for quite awhile and had to remove it.

5. abalk

abalk New Member

Thanks for everyone's help!

6. kevinmark

kevinmark New Member

Google Sync services and follow instructions for iPhone. Google calendar is a very powerful web-based calendar and task manager.
    It allows you to view multiple calendars, yours as well as other ... Now copy the link, either by selecting it or right-click and “Copy link location”. The calendar named “Contacts' birthdays and events” is your Facebook calendar

7. ChristianReneFriborg

Facebook for iPad is hard to use, compared to the Facebook App for iPhone. There are also some bugs, don't you think? I suggest that Apple should improve the app.

8. Fromand

Fromand New Member

bdays of my FB friends bugging me everytime. it notify me a day before their birthdays...

9. ChristianReneFriborg

You can turn off the birthday notifications of your Facebook through your settings. Go to settings, then find the "Facebook" tab, then turn off the calendar.

10. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

Once you have them sync'd to your phone, if you are using iCloud, they should all come over in to your contacts and calendar automatically.

11. Drake Josh

Drake Josh New Member

Problem solved.... love this thread

12. kevin tanicien

kevin tanicien New Member

Well that worked for me pretty well, thanks