Facebook Problem

Chad Ryan

Sep 10, 2011
Victoria, British Columbia
My wife is having this problem with Facebook. Whenever she signs into her account (regardless of which iPhone she is using) her notifications don't work. She gets the error "Connection Error Your notifications could not be loaded at this time" Her chat doesn't work either she gets the error "Connection Error Unable to load your online friends".

If I sign into my account everything works fine. I have searched Google for hours and have not been able to find a solution for this. This error is happening with version 3.5 of the Facebook app. I have tried it on 2 iPhones and one first gen iPod Touch. This only occurs when signed into her Facebook account.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
My wife is having this problem with Facebook. Whenever she signs into her account (regardless of which iPhone she is using) her notifications don't work. She gets the error "Connection Error Your notifications could not be loaded at this time" Her chat doesn't work either she gets the error "Connection Error Unable to load your online friends".

If I sign into my account everything works fine. I have searched Google for hours and have not been able to find a solution for this. This error is happening with version 3.5 of the Facebook app. I have tried it on 2 iPhones and one first gen iPod Touch. This only occurs when signed into her Facebook account.

I get the same problem occasionally as well. I think it is a bug with the Facebook app and some accounts. The app is extremely buggy. I don't think there is any way to fix it. Just hope they fix it. Leave a review on the app store or send feedback and let them know what you're experiencing.

Robbinhoodz25

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
"I don't think there is any way to fix it. Just hope they fix it."

A tad bit of contradictoriness in that statement?

And do I like what I do...? hahaha...HELL YA!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
"I don't think there is any way to fix it. Just hope they fix it."

A tad bit of contradictoriness in that statement?
No. What I mean is that there is nothing we can do to fix it. We have to hope that Facebook will issue an update that will fix the problem. I'm also pretty sure you knew that.

Robbinhoodz25

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
No. What I mean is that there is nothing we can do to fix it. We have to hope that Facebook will issue an update that will fix the problem. I'm also pretty sure you knew that.
I'm just bugging :)

And do I like what I do...? hahaha...HELL YA!

Chad Ryan

Sep 10, 2011
Victoria, British Columbia
After 4 days of her experiencing this issue it suddenly started working last night. We will wait and see if it continues to work. I did submit a bug report to Facebook.

Dru419

Sep 12, 2011

The same thing is happening to me. It started 2 days ago. Very frustrating. The weird thing is, when I used an iPod touch to log into my account, everything worked fine. However, when I log into my iPhone, I get the Connection Error every time I try to view my own profile. At first I thought it was my iPhone, so I logged into my phone using my wife's facebook account and everything worked fine. I only get the Connection Error message when I try to view my own profile (i.e news feed, friends list, chat....all of these work fine)

Also, I'm using the latest version (3.5). Prior to updating to this version, I didn't have this issue.

Dru419

Sep 12, 2011
After 4 days of her experiencing this issue it suddenly started working last night. We will wait and see if it continues to work. I did submit a bug report to Facebook.
When did this issue begin for you? I hope mine fixes itself in 4 days too!

Dru419

Sep 12, 2011
Thx for the update.

I'm sure this is all due to 3.5.

Dru419

Sep 12, 2011
Somehow, my problem was fixed on its own yesterday. Not sure if this relates, but I downloaded the MyPad app and logged in to my facebook account. Everything worked fine within that app. Then I loaded the facebook app (to log off) and noticed that I was now able to view my own wall.