Facebook taking up way too much space.

1. Guest 04

Guest 04 New Member

I was looking through my phone when I found in the usage how much space apps were taking up, of course I have seen this before but I never really looked through it. I sync my phone about 3 times a week just to get the updated apps on my computer when I find that my iPhone is 1.31GB over. And of course I figure I must have just added too much new music to it, and then I realize I haven't even added any music, so I go through and see how much space my iPhone says it has it of course says it has 343MB free, and under that I see that FACEBOOK has 104MB of space on my phone. So does Hipsmatic Camera. Why is this happening?

Thank you for any help you provide.
    Jake.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

All those little extras, graphics, etc... Add up

Attached Files:

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. raqball

raqball Zealot Silver

Not really an answer to your question but it is another reason to use Twitter instead..

Attached Files:

5. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Evangelist Gold

...weird, my Facebook is only 33.5MB

6. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist Gold

im confused 104mb isn't huge, i mean its quite a bit but considering the smallest phone out there is 8GB i don't think that its a big deal. some apps just take up more than other. if your phone is full then look at the photos, video and music. This is usually what takes up the most space on peoples phones.

7. Guest 04

Guest 04 New Member

That's just crazy! So it's storing all of that stuff for faster loading? Is there any way I can get rid of it? And I know how much room music videos and picture take up but I know how big they are. I though Facebook was just a small application of only 14MB.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

Settings, general, usage: tap the app to find out the size and data it's storing/using:
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1321645849.788819.jpg

9. psylichon

psylichon Genius Moderator

Delete the app and reinstall it. There should be an easier way but this workaround isn't too cumbersome.