FacebookI to investigate Roger Clemens

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
What a waste of our tax $$$ What a waste... If O.J gets away with murder and Clemens goes to jail for lying.. I am going to move to Iraq

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Better start packing. Not saying it is right or wrong, but this guy has either gotten some really bad advice or let his ego get the best of him. I think the latter. I think he wants in the hall so bad that he will do anything to cover this up. Not going to happen.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
All of this baseball / performance enhancing stuff is just tremendously sad. I'd hate to have to explain to a kid who the heck you can believe in, in baseball or in most other sports by now. Luckily my daughter has very little interest in sports, although she comes out as a spectator to softball games, so I'm teaching her that the team with less runs wins :)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I think he did take it but still give me a break.. WHY WHY WHY are we going to waste the time and money on having the FBI investigate.. Go spend it on finding bin laden or even better find the person that killed The Notorious B.I.G biggy

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I think he did take it but still give me a break.. WHY WHY WHY are we going to waste the time and money on having the FBI investigate.. Go spend it on finding bin laden or even better find the person that killed The Notorious B.I.G biggy
Son't say that....ever again.

Anyways - we don't need money to find a person.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What I don't understand is HGH was legal when he did it. Why not just say "I did take it" and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Andy Pettit (hope I spelled that right) stepped up and his life will go on. He even held a press conf. and took everything thrown at him. By constantly denying the fact Roger finds himself in a world of hurt.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
What a waste of our tax $$$ What a waste... If O.J gets away with murder and Clemens goes to jail for lying.. I am going to move to Iraq
I try to never respond to off-topic posts, but yours made me laugh so hard I just had to tell you. That was great! Thanks!

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I try to never respond to off-topic posts, but yours made me laugh so hard I just had to tell you. That was great! Thanks!
99.09% of the posts on this forum are off topic.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Find who killed Biggie? Please. The more obvious question is who killed Tupac, which I think Biggie knew about it. But hey, thats just one mans opinion.

RIP Tupac.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Find who killed Biggie? Please. The more obvious question is who killed Tupac, which I think Biggie knew about it. But hey, thats just one mans opinion.

RIP Tupac.
well its better then us spending the $ on roger its still a waste and I get heated everytime I talk about same thing goes for bonds waste of our money.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008

RIP Tupac.
Obvious...question?

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Lol OJ got away with murder because of racist police work. Clemens lied under oath correct?

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
OJ proved that you can get away with murder. Roger never killed anyone, and if he is killing himself, who else does he hurt? And yes, I am a NY Yankees and Roger Clemens fan, big time.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think the entire steroids in professional sports fiasco is completely ridiculous from all angles. I'm tired of hearing "who did" or "who didn't" take performance enhancing drugs. While it may seem like a waste of money to investigate into these things, I think leading on a generation of fans and youth to believe that "cheating" is the only way to succeed is even worse.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think the entire steroids in professional sports fiasco is completely ridiculous from all angles. I'm tired of hearing "who did" or "who didn't" take performance enhancing drugs. While it may seem like a waste of money to investigate into these things, I think leading on a generation of fans and youth to believe that "cheating" is the only way to succeed is even worse.
I agree that it's ridiculous from all angles, and it is a crying shame to have kids thinking cheating is the only way to succeed. I think the people who have run baseball for years should be ashamed they turned blind eyes to this for so long.

Also feel sorry for the (maybe very few) players who were clean during this horrible, tainted era. Like Ken Griffey Jr. - I think - that guy, if he wouldn't have had so many injuries (that illegal substances would've probably helped prevent, or would've minimized the impact of) would've smashed every record worth holding as a hitter - Bonds never would've matched Junior if he stayed healthy ...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/griffke02.shtml

Griffey stats if it was not for the strike in 1994 he would of broke the 61 record... Also he should have another 100 or so homers if he stayed healthy but his stats with all those injuries are amazin... Griffey is under rated
Definitely a Hall of Famer, and yeah underrated now because I think it's easy to forget how awesome the guy was before injuries plagued him ...
-