FaceTime iOS 7 SNAFU

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

charlich

Jun 18, 2007
I cannot activate FaceTime using ios 7. It does not recognize my password. I reset password successfuly but still FaceTime has error message when I try to activate. :(

luislahud

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
I'm having the same problem with facetime too.Facetime Activation could not sign in please check your network connection and try again.

Sent using iCafe app

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
Try the suggestions I gave in your other post. It might fix both problems.
What do u mean? To keep trying? I just did again and it doesn't let me. I also have the same problem with iMessage. I reset network but no luck : (.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1379604690.762146.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
Sorry I got it "Try logging out of iTunes/App Store and logging back in. If that doesn't work, reset all settings in the settings app." I did it and no luck again, how do I reset all settings up? one by one? Thank u.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Sorry I got it "Try logging out of iTunes/App Store and logging back in. If that doesn't work, reset all settings in the settings app." I did it and no luck again, how do I reset all settings up? one by one? Thank u.
No, just go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
You'll have to add set up your wallpaper, ringtones, text tones, voicemail password, WiFi passwords, and a couple other things afterwards, but you won't lose any data.

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
No, just go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
You'll have to add set up your wallpaper, ringtones, text tones, voicemail password, WiFi passwords, and a couple other things afterwards, but you won't lose any data.
I didn't work again. I'm very frustrated because I spent to many hours on this. I don't know what else to do. I even changed my Apple ID to iCloud as it shows there but no luck.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1379607334.376469.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
I'm having the same problem with facetime too.Facetime Activation could not sign in please check your network connection and try again.

Sent using iCafe app
Have u solve your problem yet? how? I have tried all kinds of option but no luck. I called Apple for help and was told to go to the Apple store, the first opening they have is September 21st in the afternoon.

Sent using iCafe app

ozico80

Sep 19, 2013
please tell us how they will solve it.
I have the same problem on my mother iPhone.
Maybe because she bought from Dubai. And FaceTime is banned there

Sent using iCafe app

luislahud

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
I fixed FaceTime and iMessage backing up my phone then restoring to a new phone then I signed in on my Apple account and made sure FaceTime and iMessage were working before I restored to a latest backup.Now they are working like a charm.

Sent using iCafe app