FaceTime over cellular for everyone on AT&T?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I just rebooted and it still is off, and if I turn it on, it tells me to call AT&T.
I'm in Atlanta, GA

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Same here. Rebooted twice, but no joy. They must be staggering the roll out.
Not only that, but why no official announcement from AT&T? Are they just embarrassed that they had to change courses, and an announcement would equate to admitting having been wrong? Or perhaps we'll see a press release once they've completed the roll-out...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Not only that, but why no official announcement from AT&T? Are they just embarrassed that they had to change courses, and an announcement would equate to admitting having been wrong? Or perhaps we'll see a press release once they've completed the roll-out...
I think they'll make an announcement when they complete the roll out.

Sent from my iPheezy 5 using iCafe app

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Technically, Atlanta is a first test spot, so I'm surprised that I don't have this option. There are very few places I have gone that I didn't have LTE signal.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
My FaceTime is activated, so I tried to activate my hubbies on his iPhone 4S and it won't work. It insists he contact AT&T or change his data plan or go to the web site, ie - It's not working for him, but is working for me and we are on a family plan. Don't get it. Rolled out to me but not to him.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My FaceTime is activated, so I tried to activate my hubbies on his iPhone 4S and it won't work. It insists he contact AT&T or change his data plan or go to the web site, ie - It's not working for him, but is working for me and we are on a family plan. Don't get it. Rolled out to me but not to him.
Now, -that- is interesting. Both of your accounts are grandfathered unlimited?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Now, -that- is interesting. Both of your accounts are grandfathered unlimited?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Yes we are both grandfathered unlimited. When I ordered the iPhone 5 I didn't change a thing and he still has the 4S so yes, we are unlimited. IDK why this is happening. It's kinda messed up. Maybe they are really playing with accounts on who gets what when and then boom! FaceTime for everyone and here is the official announcement!