FaceTime Problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Europa, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just got my 5S set up and I'm experiencing a problem with FaceTime on iOS 7. I can't figure out how to choose between an iPhone and an email when someone has both. On iOS 6, I would go to contacts and then select FaceTime for that contact. It then gave the option to call either a phone number or an email. I sometimes use FaceTime to call my brother's computer and other times I use FaceTime to call his iPhone. On iOS 7 is just says "FaceTime" and there isn't an option to select between his email and his phone number. How do you tell which one you are about to call and how do you switch it to the other if it's the wrong one?

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I can not figure out how to set the fingerprint option it keeps asking for a code or turning off the option going to try FT now

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm wondering if it rings both their iPad/iMac and their iPhone when you select FaceTime now? That would actually be pretty cool. I'm going to test it at a more reasonable hour.

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Even before iOS 7, I have had my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro ring simultaneously before from a FaceTime call.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Awesome. Thanks!

6. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

I put ios7 on my iPhone but not my ipad.. if I try to contact my ipad it works just fine... if I try to contact my iPhone it drops Facetime. So from ios7 to ios 6 Facetime works but from ios 6 to ios 7 it doesn't work. I wont update my ipad till my daughter does her or I won't be able to Facetime with my grandson! Anyone else find having this issue?

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Very odd. I just tried FaceTime from phone to phone. 1 being iOS 7 & the other being iOS 6.1.3 and they both connected fine. Called and received from each device.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just called my brother on FaceTime to test this and it rang his iPhone, iPad and iMac all at the same time. That's actually really cool. When I clicked FaceTime on iOS 6 and below it invoked a list of emails and phone numbers to choose from so I thought you had to choose one. This takes all the guess work out of it and rings all their devices just like Google Voice does. Very nice. (y)