Factors that cause uninstalling apps from the smartphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by cellomander, Apr 27, 2014.

1. cellomander

cellomander New Member

What are the TWO MOST IMPORTANT factors that make you UNINSTALL a mobile application on your smartphone?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

1. Presense of ads without the option of paying for an ad free version. And even more so, when the paid version has ads built in for the developers other apps.

2. Redundancy. If an app doesn't substantially improve one I currently use it's usually gone pretty quick. I like trying new apps that put a polish or innovative spin on a tried and true app. In order for that app to maintain its presense on my home screen it must not only look better, but out perform the old app I'm comparing it to. For example, I love trying out new weather apps with slick animations and features that extend beyond the stock weather app. After a week or two I usually uninstalled them because they aren't as solid or integrated as the stock app. The same has applied to email and calendar apps. Occasionally I'll find an app that will replace an old standby, but it is rare. I'm always willing to try new apps but they'd better be polished and functional as all get out.

#2 Kadelic, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  3. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Pretty much agree with Kadelic. I want to reiterate, though, that I don't care how useful an app is, if I paid for it and it has any ads, it's gone. Same goes for paying for incremental upgrades. I don't mind paying for new versions that have substantial improvements, though.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Agreed. I can't stand ads. I gladly pay to remove them whenever it's an option. Flixster is my only app with ads (though they are just movie ads) because it has no option to remove them and there isn't a good movie app without ads in the App Store.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

1. Ads
    2. Do I need/use it?
    I will try a free version with ads first to see if I like the app. If it's a keeper, I'll eventually pay for ad free if available. I have 2 apps with ads and no paid ad free option. But the ads are not intrusive. After a game update on my wife's 5c, it opened with an ad that wasn't there before the update. The in app for ad free was $1.99. She said forget it.
    I really dislike the paid apps that have ads and an in app to pay more for ad free.

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

90% of the apps I have are free and the ads are unobtrusive. Throw in an ad that hampers the view or use of the app and the app is gone. If the app doesn't live up to its reviews or if I already have an app that does a better job then the new app is toast. Fortunately the reviews in the App Store are generally reasonably accurate once the chaff is discounted.