Factory unlocked on 3.0 and no MMS or thethering!

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
As the title says.

Big disappointment.

I'm on T-Mobile in the UK, which has no tethering restrictions.

Ripple

Jun 17, 2009
Columbus,Ga
Thought there was something wrong with my download. Had no problem with the download, but does appear that I don't hav MMS.

Jun 5, 2009
If you are on the AT&T network(I am) I know that mms will not be supported by AT&T until late summer " MMS

Send MMS messages and include video, photos, audio, and contact info.2 Even tap to snap a picture or shoot a video right inside Messages.MMS support from AT&T coming in late summer."

Its stated right under the description of the MMS capabilities on the Apple Web site

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
and tethering will not be supported. until AT&T can come up with a way to charge for it..
(unless you are one of the lucky ones to still have it working from beta)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I'm on AT&T and tethering is working great. You need at AT&T 5.0 ipcc file. Google it. You have to use an older version of iTunes to upload it to the phone using the Shift+Update trick.

mramay

Bronze
Apr 24, 2009
Las Vegas!
[FONT=&quot]For AT&T customers only, on a PC:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go to the site below on the iPhone, then download the "att.mobileconfig" file. It should install itself, which provides the Internet Tethering function in Settings/General/Network. Turn on Tethering, hook to a USB port and WinDoze should find it, install itself, and start tethering.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
www.megaupload.com/?d=KIJIQ410[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
[FONT=&quot]For AT&T customers only, on a PC:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go to the site below on the iPhone, then download the "att.mobileconfig" file. It should install itself, which provides the Internet Tethering function in Settings/General/Network. Turn on Tethering, hook to a USB port and WinDoze should find it, install itself, and start tethering.[/FONT]

www.megaupload.com/?d=KIJIQ410

Any merit to this yet?