Failed Restore iPhone 3GS Help Needed (update log attached)

psamyiad

Aug 25, 2011
Hi there experts!

I have owned my iPhone 3GS from new - nearly 2 years old.

It was working absolutely fine until it went to the connect to iTunes logo and failed to restore. After several failed attempts I took it to the local repair store.

Having received it back from them and inserting my sim card, it booted up fine, but was constantly searching for signal. A few minutes later, it rebooted itself, then after several boot, searching boot cycles, it came up with the error that the phone has no ability to make or receive calls and must be restored with iTunes.

I attempted a restore with the latest Apple software - but it failed. Several attempts gave several different error messages. The most noteworthy error was 99.9% through the restoring firmware then failed. It then boots back to connect to iTunes.

I have attached a link to the code from the update log: http://pastebin.com/4Sq1LRJf

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Graham.

psamyiad

Aug 25, 2011
Yes, it was jailbroken before going to the repair shop. I don't know whether they re-jailbroke it or restored it to its original state.

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Kind Regards,

Graham.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I think you have the iPad's baseband installed on the phone. Which firmware have you attempted to update the phone to? You will more than likely have to shift-restore to iTunes to custom firmware, cooked either through Pwnage Tool or Sn0wbreeze.

psamyiad

Aug 25, 2011
I have tried the following file names to restore to (both shift restored, well, option restore on the mac):

iPhone2,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw

iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Custom_UN_Activated.ipsw

However no luck with either... How do I go about attempting to 'cook' my own firmware?
Why / what would iPad baseband do?

Kind Regards,

Graham.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I have tried the following file names to restore to (both shift restored, well, option restore on the mac):

iPhone2,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw

iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Custom_UN_Activated.ipsw

However no luck with either... How do I go about attempting to 'cook' my own firmware?
Why / what would iPad baseband do?

Kind Regards,

Graham.
The iPads baseband is installed so you can unlock the phone to any network. Is your iTunes fully up to date?