fake activate 1.1.2 oob

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
is there a way to fake activate 1.1.2 oob yet? i get my phone monday and im pretty sure it will be 1.1.2. and also is there a way to check what version i have in case im lucky?

Jul 23, 2007
I'm looking for an activation too for an OOTB 1.1.2, I'm not seeing it. Searched and looked here, but I'm only seeing a JB for the downgrade, upgrade angle. That doesn't help me with activation.

I've done the *#305# thing and can get to wifi without issue. but I can't get any further.

TIA

korsow

Dec 12, 2007
You can Jailbreak the OTB 1.1.2, but you can not unlock it. It will only work with ATT Network .The reason is not the actual firmware but the bootloader that is making it, thus far, impossible to "Unlock" Out of the box 1.1.2. Updating TO 1.1.2, however, you can still unlock it. but if you got a phone with 1.1.2 strait from Apple. Yer gonna have ta wait till they figure out this one.. Rumors say 2-3 weeks till someone figures it out, depending if 1.1.3 comes out anytime soon.

-K

Jul 23, 2007
Yep - these tools are both smart enough to spot if a phone needs activating or not and will do the honours for you.
tried jailbreakme.com and it just sat there for 5-6 minutes or so. I don't see how jailbreak website would work with 1.1.2 ootb, since the exploit was fixed. I'll try iDemocracy later... maybe.

Jul 23, 2007
Thanks for the warnings guys... not what I'm looking for. Just looking for a little hacktivation guidance, from those that have trekked this road before. Until the phone is 'activated' you can't downgrade firmware, you can't JB.