Fake iPhone cases

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've been ordering a number of cases to get in for review. During my shopping excursion, I noticed a number of comments (and even videos) that detail how retailers are selling fake iPhone cases. Well, fakes of popular manufacturers. In particular, I saw fake Speck cases, complete with packaging. These cases, the fakes, are available for purchase on Amazon and of course eBay. It's got to be a big problem for manufacturers, because the quality is not the same. Since I planned on reviewing some of these, I couldn't take a chance on getting a fake and publishing an unjust review.

It's really hard to pinpoint which is real and which is fake. Most people see the brand name, think they are safe because they are on Amazon and then pick the one which has the lowest price.

I know eBay has no shortage of fakes, especially with the Element cases. I didn't realize it was with the $20-$30 range of cases and they are copying the cases w/ packaging. Nuts!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I've been ordering a number of cases to get in for review. During my shopping excursion, I noticed a number of comments (and even videos) that detail how retailers are selling fake iPhone cases. Well, fakes of popular manufacturers. In particular, I saw fake Speck cases, complete with packaging. These cases, the fakes, are available for purchase on Amazon and of course eBay. It's got to be a big problem for manufacturers, because the quality is not the same. Since I planned on reviewing some of these, I couldn't take a chance on getting a fake and publishing an unjust review.

It's really hard to pinpoint which is real and which is fake. Most people see the brand name, think they are safe because they are on Amazon and then pick the one which has the lowest price.

I know eBay has no shortage of fakes, especially with the Element cases. I didn't realize it was with the $20-$30 range of cases and they are copying the cases w/ packaging. Nuts!
LifeProof has the same issues big time apparently.

jaw2k9

Bronze
Aug 9, 2010
Cool, thanks, I am looking forward to that review. I think I had a few fake iPhone 4 cases and some were very cheap but the real ones were stupid cheap too - and that makes me rather concerened - why make a fake of something already cheap?