Fake Refund Posts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iBashu

Sep 5, 2007
I think people are just making up fake stories about how easily they just went to the store, spoke with the store manager and everything was resolved. This is absolutely not true. The refund is specifically for people who bought the phone within the past 14 days in store or within the last 10 days online. There are absolutely no exceptions at all for anyone. Apple has a uniform store policy and it's not up to the store manager's discretion to grant refunds. Therefore, please stop spreading false rumors people (You know who you are!). Thanks.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
Yeap I called ATT and they said the same only for the 14 days thing....

oh well At least I tried... oh well still happy...

Time to go out and get my wive a iPhone....

krossmusic

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
New York City
I got 216 and change back just 30 mins ago...it hasn't posted yet obviously to my card, but yes I did get a refund, It was the 14th day too, wow I got lucky. But it still screws a lot of other people who got it earlier.

Anyway, it's amazing the power of money, becaues I feel great again about my iPhone, but bad for others.

P.S. I got mine at the ATT store. 5th ave 48th NYC.

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
i feel your pain, but my post "sweet redemption" is absolutely true.

to summarize, my phone was 17 days old, i returned it to the Apple store yesterday and got $216 back on my card. like someone mentioned above, it hasn't posted on my card yet so maybe i won't get it back, but that is what happened so far. i think that Apple should come out with a uniform policy on this, but it looks as if they are leaving it up to the local franchises. seems like yet another f-up on their part.

i'll be sure to update the thread if they cancel the transaction.

Stakes

Aug 11, 2007
Nothing fake about it. I bought my phone 39 days ago. I bought it at the AT&T store. I have been an AT&T customer for some time. I checked my mastercard benefits to see if I had consumer protection. It says that if I am not satisfied with a purchase within 90 days AND I have tried to return it without success, then I am protected, and can file to get my money back. Sounded like a long process. So I called AT&T (not the store) I was told that they have nothing to do with the store, but I have been a good customer for a long time so they will credit my account $200. So I am made whole by good customer service. I didn't ***** to them, I didn't cuss or yell or claim I was cheated, I simply stated that I was disappointed and would probably return the phone via my mastercard benefits. I bought the phone with a mastercard for one reason, extra YEAR warrentee! Yup, mastercard gives you double warrentee for up to a year for any purchase made in full with the card. Turns out there were more benefits, but I didn't have to use them because I am capable of speaking civil with a customer service rep, who in a blink of an eye cured my issue and thanked me for doing businesss with them. Doubt it? email me, i will send you a copy of the credit ALREADY posted on my AT&T account.