fake spider web

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Anyone have any tips/links/resources for creating an extremely realistic spider web. I have ruled out the bagged web stuff because I want the refined look.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well, there are a couple of methods that I know of, but they can be very tedious.
of course it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for an actual web, then it's back to the tedious method. I find that clear solicone works well, but the "hard bubble" stuff you get at toy shops is also another good method. Use it to build an actual web, stringing it out with a nail or other pointed utensil.
If you are looking for the crap you see in the abondone house that Scooby and the gang are investigating, then you can just use the stuff they sell in costume shops.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
well, there are a couple of methods that I know of, but they can be very tedious.
of course it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for an actual web, then it's back to the tedious method. I find that clear solicone works well, but the "hard bubble" stuff you get at toy shops is also another good method. Use it to build an actual web, stringing it out with a nail or other pointed utensil.
If you are looking for the crap you see in the abondone house that Scooby and the gang are investigating, then you can just use the stuff they sell in costume shops.
clear silicon! That sounds nice. I still have a month before the big day, so plenty of time to perfect my skills. I wonder if I could make it on several sheets of wax paper at home and then transport it on the day I need it. Depending on how my tests go this week, I might PM you to ask for some handling tips.

Thanks for the insight.