Fake Store?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I thought that Apple closed down one of the Manhattan stores to film the commercial. I wonder if they "faked" filming a commercial there to draw attention away from the movie set where the real phones were used for filming. Or maybe MSN just got it all wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I thought that Apple closed down one of the Manhattan stores to film the commercial. I wonder if they "faked" filming a commercial there to draw attention away from the movie set where the real phones were used for filming. Or maybe MSN just got it all wrong.
I think the black helicopters are coming for ya...:laugh2:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Interesting. I don't know what time the 5th Ave. store closed, but it is a 24hr store. If is was closed late at night I wouldn't think there be much revenue lost VS if Apple really did want to keep something hush hush.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well they definitely shut down the 5th Ave. location for only the 3rd time since its opening. Interesting article though, you would imagine building a full sized replica wouldn't be very cost effective.