Family abducted by aliens

Do you believe aliens exist?

• Total voters

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I remember a friend of mine who had a ton of videos on his MySpace page, that had anything from aliens to secret government cover ups. I came across this video below a while back, and it still kind of creeps me out every time I think about the possibilities of other life forms, such as aliens existing.

I for one cannot stand aliens, they are probably the only thing that really creep me out. I've had some disturbing dreams about them, not fun at all.

Anywho, the point of this thread is to start a little discussion as to whether you believe the video posted is real or fake. The family in this video was abducted and never seen or heard from again. You can call them the McPherson's of Lake County. From my understanding, there is an entire tape that contains 60 minutes of footage and was previously available on YouTube, but has been taken down numerous times. (I wonder why) The only thing that remains at this point is a remake, which I have seen and is disturbing in itself.

So, do you believe aliens exist, or are they merely out of this world?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, if you believe in an infinite multiverse then anything can happen.

and does.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
If they do exist I don't think they have been to earth yet...
The government loves hiding things but you can't hide everything that happens on the entire planet. Secondly, look how perfect earth is; it is the exact distance from the sun and has the right resources to sustain life. Who knows how close the next planet is that is similar. Or what if there is a different form of life that doesn't need the same conditions as life on earth does? Too many questions and who cares...lol

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I don't kno if they're coming for us all but if a person really thinks we are THE ONLY form of intelligent life in this universe they are pretty stupid. Why haven't we found intelligent life in our solar system? What if they are a bit farther than we can travel right now. What if we share the milky way with a few other lifeforms or what if we are the only life in the milkyway but there are other places that have life. Enough with the what ifs... what i want to know is what we or they will do if we meet. Obliteration? maybe, coexist and expand eachother maybe?

As far as abductions go, i look at it this way. If i discover a planet with life on it, i'd want to take back a sample to study, learn about it etc. This is what scientists have done with the ocean and some parts of space. They wouldn't do anything different from the actions we'd probably do. So yeah, Auntie Petunia saw a bright light at night and now she's gone. She's test subject 2501. lol.

Also... that video is bull rofl. Aliens don't have big heads, pale skin and huge eyes or look like gigantic ****roaches (lol). What do aliens look like? Hell lets turn the table a bit. To them, we are the aliens.... do you see what i did there?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I tend to think that aliens are a misconception. Much like particle physics and cosmology... it gets so extremely large and extremely small, with infinitely large parts and infinitely small parts, that it all starts to seem like a hall of mirrors. As though there's something we're just not understanding to pull it all together...

Other living creatures traveling to us? Not likely.

But to think we're the only living things in the universe? That's part of the illusion, too.

The universe is well known for being quite "large", though, so who knows...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I didn't answer in the poll because there wasn't an option for my answer, "Aliens exist, but they are not coming for us".
If you do math, it's extremely unlikely that they don't exist.

Mar 2, 2009
California
I put the whole "Aliens exist and are coming for us all" as part of a little humor, but I guess it didn't work out that way (again.)

I'd gladly edit the poll but I can't seem to do so.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I tend to think that aliens are a misconception. Much like particle physics and cosmology... it gets so extremely large and extremely small, with infinitely large parts and infinitely small parts, that it all starts to seem like a hall of mirrors. As though there's something we're just not understanding to pull it all together...

Other living creatures traveling to us? Not likely.

But to think we're the only living things in the universe? That's part of the illusion, too.

The universe is well known for being quite "large", though, so who knows...
Are you still hung over?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I put the whole "Aliens exist and are coming for us all" as part of a little humor, but I guess it didn't work out that way (again.)

I'd gladly edit the poll but I can't seem to do so.
Added that poll option for you. ;)

I also think they exist – statistically speaking, I think it's impossible that we're the only intelligent life in the universe. But I don't think they're coming for us. I'm more worried about zombies than aliens. :p

Mar 2, 2009
California
Added that poll option for you. ;)

I also think they exist – statistically speaking, I think it's impossible that we're the only intelligent life in the universe. But I don't think they're coming for us. I'm more worried about zombies than aliens. :p
Thx for the added option :)

Zombies are my other fear too. I have a friend who loves that kind of thing; he might get turned on if he saw one.

I did hear a story once about a man coming back from the dead once...it was on the news.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
@ macgirl. Can I borrow your Zombie Survival Guide when your finished? :D

Mar 2, 2009
California
Just wanted to say thanks to macgirl for fixing the poll. Things weren't making much sense so I had things changed to reflect more of what I should have put (and what people were voting for) in the first place.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not believing in Aliens is the ultimate arrogance.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
@ macgirl. Can I borrow your Zombie Survival Guide when your finished? :D
Hell no! Get your own! That thing will be worth its weight in gold when the zombie apocalypse comes. :p

I have serious concerns about our preparedness for this. We need more ammo and I need to get my hands on an assault rifle instead of the Benelli auto-loading shotgun I had in mind. :p

Mar 2, 2009
California
I'd like to use some grenades and take them all out at once! Yay for blood and guts! lol jk