Family Plan and iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rettignick

Jul 2, 2007
I currently have a family talk plan with 700 minutes, my contract is up in February, and we have 3 lines in our family talk plan. I an one of the 9.99 lines. Does anyone know if i can buy and iPhone and replace my RAZR with it, and pay 20 dollars a month for the data plan, or do i have to do something all together different. Because a "supervisor" at ATT support told me all i had to do was activate it and add the 20 dollar data package. Will i have to renew my contract? If so, will it renew all 3 lines. Again the ATT "supervisor" told me all i had to do was activate it and pay 20 dollars a month, no contract renewal. In in other words, Im looking for some one who has a family talk plan and tried replacing an existing phone with an iPhone to see what happened. Thanks.

jmcacc1120

Jun 8, 2007
I currently have a family talk plan with 700 minutes, my contract is up in February, and we have 3 lines in our family talk plan. I an one of the 9.99 lines. Does anyone know if i can buy and iPhone and replace my RAZR with it, and pay 20 dollars a month for the data plan, or do i have to do something all together different. Because a "supervisor" at ATT support told me all i had to do was activate it and add the 20 dollar data package. Will i have to renew my contract? If so, will it renew all 3 lines. Again the ATT "supervisor" told me all i had to do was activate it and pay 20 dollars a month, no contract renewal. In in other words, Im looking for some one who has a family talk plan and tried replacing an existing phone with an iPhone to see what happened. Thanks.
I have a family talk plan. Yes, you can get the iPhone and just add the 20$ data plan to an existing 9.99 family share line. The activation process will ask you if you are an existing customer, say yes, then if you are replaceing an existing line or adding a line, say replacing. Then it ask you which number you are replacing type in your number and bam $20 big one gets added to your plan your whole contract get renewed for another 2 years (everyone one on the pan) and you have a new iPhone.

mrgrim94

Sep 15, 2007
I am inside a family plan with my family(lol), so anyways can I get and iPhone and remain inside my family plan i have 3 lines?

mrgrim94

Sep 15, 2007
But what if

My Dad his the Cingular 8125 and his has the unlimited data plan for that( he pays $40 dollars a month) does that count for the iPhone aswell?

jnowaczyk

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Michigan
www.gsmunlockonline.com
every carrirer hs its own terms as far as im aware is the iPhone data is 20.00
and it would have to be added to the plan for the activation to take place now if he is swaping the 31 what ever phone for the i phone it will be cheaper ... from my understanding with at&T is you will use a new sim for the iPhone and keep your same number it will port to you new sim when you call or activate it the old sim will be burnt out by AT&T and no longer usable

I hope i answered what you were asking :laugh2:

now if you replacing a diffrent phone then it will be what he pays in data and 20.00 month more

mrgrim94

Sep 15, 2007
Ah man

well that wont work for me my dad needs to keep his phone i have my own line and my own phone that i want to replace with the iPhone but i don't want to pay an extra 20 a month when my dad is already paying 40 a month for his data service

jnowaczyk

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Michigan
www.gsmunlockonline.com
Sorry to here that but Apple get a small cut off that data there is no way around not paying for data now if you unlock it by means of a free unlock using software avil the web and use the wifi you may get by but if you use it and wifi is not around you pay thou the nose for data charges .20.00 is pretty cheap for unlimited

Well good luck to you on what you de-side :)