Family Plan Question?

Jun 25, 2008
Nor Cal
Hello Forum, Been lurking here for a year now and have read some great stuff. Anyway We have decided to get the new 3G phone on the 11th and i want to see what the lowest family plan would be for 2 phones. From what i can see on the At&t site we can get the family plan for 59.99 a month plus $60 dollars a month for 2 iPhone data plans for $120 a month plus taxes? does this sound about right? If theres a cheaper plan that would be great as i pay 39.99 a month now.

I'm sure this has been asked and i did search the forum but never really found a good answer.

Thanks

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Hello Forum, Been lurking here for a year now and have read some great stuff. Anyway We have decided to get the new 3G phone on the 11th and i want to see what the lowest family plan would be for 2 phones. From what i can see on the At&t site we can get the family plan for 59.99 a month plus $60 dollars a month for 2 iPhone data plans for $120 a month plus taxes? does this sound about right? If theres a cheaper plan that would be great as i pay 39.99 a month now.

I'm sure this has been asked and i did search the forum but never really found a good answer.

Thanks
Welcome to EiC,

The cheapest plan is as you say, the $59.99 plan plus $60 for data plans plus 10-15% in hidden fees and taxes. This doesn't include any text messages though. The unlimited family plan text package is $30, or you can each pay separately for text message packages which start at $5 for 200 each person.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota

Thanks
I am pretty sure there are no special plans for the iPhone. In fact the original press release which can be found on ATT and Apple website had some info on the pricing. I am pretty sure you just pick any of ATT's voice plans, whether it be Nation of Family Talk and add the data to it. $120 was the number I came up with on the phone with an ATT rep in the businesss department

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Thanks
That's exactly right. You may also need to add a text plan for each line, but we haven't exactly got clarification on that yet. Some sites have reported that text messages aren't included in the new 3G data plans.