Family plan question

Jul 2, 2008
Hi, i'm part of a family plan with four regular phones and i currently have a phone with just voice and unlimited texting. When i get the iPhone will it just replace my current phone in the family plan? If so, i plan on just adding the unlimited data for $30 a month, could i do this?
Thanks.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Is your phone the line that the family plan is on? Or is your phone one of the $9.99 add-ons?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Hi, i'm part of a family plan with four regular phones and i currently have a phone with just voice and unlimited texting. When i get the iPhone will it just replace my current phone in the family plan? If so, i plan on just adding the unlimited data for $30 a month, could i do this?
Thanks.
It will replace your current phone and you will need to get the $30 data plan. The real question is how much will the iPhone cost? If your current phone isn't eligible for an upgrade, you won't get the phone for the $199-$299 price.
Go here for more info.
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...?wtSlotClick=1-0013IS-0-1&WT.svl=calltoaction

Jul 2, 2008
It is a 9.99 add on, but it is eligible for upgrade

Jul 2, 2008
So then the $40 voice plan and extra for texting doesn't apply to me? Will i still be able to use the texting and voice from the family plan and the only other cost will be $30 for the data? Cause that would be awesome!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
So then the $40 voice plan and extra for texting doesn't apply to me? Will i still be able to use the texting and voice from the family plan and the only other cost will be $30 for the data? Cause that would be awesome!
Yes. The only thing you'll need is the iPhone data plan. It will just replace your $20 plan.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i talked to a sales rep a bout this and the iPhone plan on a family plan with unlimited text will be $50 a month

lild7hina

Bronze
Oct 28, 2007
that sounds about right... $30 for 3g/$20 for unlimited text

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks.
First of all, which family plan do you have? : http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/family-cell-phone-plans.jsp

If it's on the list, you'll definitely get to keep it. Add to that $30/month for the data plan and $20/month if you want unlimited texting OR $5/month if you want 200 texts/month.