"Fast and Free" Giveaway - 3G iPhone Grand Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm pleased to announce the EverythingiCafe "Fast and Free" Giveaway. The winner of this contest will win an Apple Gift Card valued at up to $399 or less (depending on the cost of the new iPhone). Four runners-up will win $25 iTunes gift cards.

The contest is courtesy of everythingiCafe.com. Entry is easy enough. Existing members have to make just one quality post between now and the official announcement. If you are not a member, this would be a good time to join what I think is the best and the first iPhone forum community out there. For members who have lost their way, think of this as an open invitation back home.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to become a member of EverythingiCafe and for everyone who makes contributions to the forums here at EIC.

Best of luck!

-Chris

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You should point out to Hayes that only one post is required for contest entry :p

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You should point out to Hayes that only one post is required for contest entry :p
Yes, only one post is required between today and the official announcement. I didn't want to put post parameters on the contest, since that would just result in forum clutter. One post only requires someone take the time to register and say hello in the Introductions. My hope is that they stay awhile and call this their iPhone forum of choice. I'm certainly biased, but this is a great forum for iPhone owners with a good sense of community. Sometimes a good contest provides a good "kick in the pants" to those who simply lurk.
Nothing wrong of course with lurkers, but I do like to see membership numbers go up.;)

-Chris

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I am confused (seems to happen a lot recently). In the rules and regulations it states that to be considered for the contest you must simply make a quality post in the forums. But also in the rules and regulations it states, "Contestants who enter multiple entries using the same IP address will be disqualified." Does that mean that if you make more than one posting into the forums during the timeframe you are not eligible to win?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I am confused (seems to happen a lot recently). In the rules and regulations it states that to be considered for the contest you must simply make a quality post in the forums. But also in the rules and regulations it states, "Contestants who enter multiple entries using the same IP address will be disqualified." Does that mean that if you make more than one posting into the forums during the timeframe you are not eligible to win?
It simply meant to discourage members from creating more than one account. That would be cause for disqualification. This keeps the contest fair.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nice idea. I was wondering when another contest was going to pop up.

- John

We Beat U

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
Winners will be notified by e-mail. If a winner does not respond and meet the below requirements within one (1) businesss day of attempted contact, everythingiCafe reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the names of all entries that did not win a prize.

Note to self: Check email every day!

I like it! Thanks Chris!

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
ah!

This is my only chance at getting this...my family can't afford that kind of thing...I HOPE I WIN!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Winners will be notified by e-mail. If a winner does not respond and meet the below requirements within one (1) businesss day of attempted contact, everythingiCafe reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the names of all entries that did not win a prize.

Note to self: Check email every day!

I like it! Thanks Chris!
Note to self (amended) : Stop by everythingiCafe on iDay 2!

BTW, you've got one of my favorite avatars here at EIC!

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
This is an awesome effort on the part of everythingicafe. This site has become a second home to many of us and I know that without this site, I would have been lost in the abyss of the iPhone wihthout a guide long ago.

Thanks to everyone who has dedicated so much to making this site what it is, both admins and members alike.

P.S. I just finished my first year of law school, and I firmly believe that hell is more pleasant. Wouldn't a 3G iPhone be the perfect way to celebrate?!

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
This is an awesome effort on the part of everythingicafe. This site has become a second home to many of us and I know that without this site, I would have been lost in the abyss of the iPhone wihthout a guide long ago.

Thanks to everyone who has dedicated so much to making this site what it is, both admins and members alike.

P.S. I just finished my first year of law school, and I firmly believe that hell is more pleasant. Wouldn't a 3G iPhone be the perfect way to celebrate?!

Congratulations on completing your first year of law school, Sir.
I agree you owe yourself a present, and if you don't like the phone I am sure you can always find someone to sue for personal anguish.
:)

Please See:

Shakespeare
Henry VI
Part 2
Act 4
Scene 2

Good Day, iAttorney

Dana

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
great... i guess i'll have to start making "quality" posts again...

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
great... i guess i'll have to start making "quality" posts again...
Based on that criteria, iCafe was disqualified from day one.

Ok, that was officially my last dig on you iCafe. I will maintain civility from here on out, even if you can't... ok, that was the last one. :p

Thanks Chris for the fantastic contest and forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.