Faster Internet! Yay!

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
After months of begging and trying, my mon finally ordered faster Internet! 3Mbps at least, I'm hoping we get 7.1mbps as it says that's available in our area. Gooooodbye 1.5Mbps speeds! And they are shipping us a new modem! NETGEAR 7550 router. Description: The 7550′s B90-7550 chipset is based on the most up-to-date chipset available in the market place.

The Lantiq ARX168’s dual CPU architecture combined with protocol acceleration guarantee ideal routing throughput, powerful enough to make it the central point of the end-user’s home network. It also has an expanded memory footprint for advanced application support.

Good?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
When you do get it, don't freak when your iDevices don't get the max speed. They may come close, but it's the nature of the beast with all the Hops, etc...
Congrats on getting it bumped up a smidge :D

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
When you do get it, don't freak when your iDevices don't get the max speed. They may come close, but it's the nature of the beast with all the Hops, etc...
Congrats on getting it bumped up a smidge :D
Thanks.

The bump up, you got that right! Lol! And right now we get about 1.45 but pay for 1.5, so I know not to expect it to be dot on. Now I really want fiber optic fios! Or T1 lol.

But if I don't get the right speeds I'll I won't let the guy leave until I get better speeds! ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks.

The bump up, you got that right! Lol! And right now we get about 1.45 but pay for 1.5, so I know not to expect it to be dot on. Now I really want fiber optic fios! Or T1 lol.

But if I don't get the right speeds I'll I won't let the guy leave until I get better speeds! ;)

I've got fibre, get around 60mb :p

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Well we are once again upgrading...6mbps, with frontiers new speed.

Did I mention they are giving us a $300 Apple gift card as part of the promotion?! More details tomorrow!