Fastest way to check if you've got missed call, new e-mail etc?

jcwacky

Jul 2, 2007
I've scoured the iPhone manual and read countless reviews but I cannot find the answer to this question:

Say you've left your iPhone in the other room, or had it on silent: when you get back to it what is the fastest way to check if you've had any missed calls, text messages, e-mails etc while you were away?

Do you have to unlock the phone and look on the home screen?

Or does the standby screen with your wallpaper display notifications of missed calls and messages so that you just have to active the screen with one button press and not have to unlock it?

Many Thanks
James

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
yes, I miss my LED on my Treo, which alerted me of missed calls, txt messages, alerts, etc.

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Well, mine always will say, "Missed call from John Appleseed," or "New Text from John Appleseed" or etc. For the e-mail however, it won't tell you as far as I know. You just have to see on the phone screen whether or not the number on the e-mail has changed or not.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
For Calls and I believe text messages, it does show you on the Wallpaper screen.

It will show you I think the name of the last person who called, and then how many missed calls etc.

As for e-mails, those do not show up on there I do not think, but I don't have my phone checking those automatically. However, phone calls, e-mails, and texts all show up on the main menu home screen as a number by their respective icons.

jcwacky

Jul 2, 2007
Cheers guys, just what I was after. Shame about the e-mails tho. And yeh, it never will be as easy as looking at the LED on my HTC TyTn! :(

Hmmm, how about a fading white Apple LED on iPhone 2!?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
There is an option that you can set in the Settings menu, that says "SMS Preview" or something like that.