Fastest way to order iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by furndaddy, Nov 6, 2014.

1. furndaddy

furndaddy Contributor
    Bronze

I'm taking the plunge and ordering a couple of 6's. In the past, I have always waited in line on launch day for my phone, but was unable to this year. From everyone's recent experience, what is the fastest way - ordering through Apple or through my carrier (AT&T?)

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'd say the fastest way is still through Apple. They are listing 7-10 days shipping. If you look at AT&T, those numbers are more like 21-28 days.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Definitely go through Apple.

4. Puddy214

Puddy214 New Member

I ordered mine through Att on a Tuesday and was on my doorstep 6 days later

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Wow, that's surprising, in a good way.

6. outforit

outforit New Member

I ordered my 64 gig space gray in sept 28 and I finally came yesterday nov 5. That was through AT&T.

7. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

If you can go to an Apple Store that seems to be the quickest. I used the website istocknow.com to see availability. Once I saw the Apple Store near me had it I reserved it and picked it up.

Sent using an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB on AT&T.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

If you live in the vicinity of an Apple Store, go on the Apple Store website on a computer between midnight and 5 am local time. Once you work through the process of preparing to order the phone (easy steps) in the bottom of the page is a "show availability" button which when you click will ask for your zip code. After you supply the zip code, it will show if the phone is available at a store near you and the availability of your phone choice based on overnight shipments to the store. From there you can place your order online checking "store pickup" and you'll receive a text or email (your choice) telling when you can pick up the phone the next morning. I did this a week ago Friday night/ Sat morning and picked up my space gray 128 IPhone 6 plus the next morning. You can do this on your current iPhone as well but the app will only give you the closest store location to you. The computer will give you multiple stores.

9. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

Just came from my local T-Mobile store to pay my bill. Overheard a couple that was there to upgrade there old note 3's to the new note4 but they were all sold out. at which point the sales person said they had plenty of iPhone 6 plus in stock. no regular 6's tho. needless to say they just grabbed the 6 plus. I didn't stay long enough to see them open up the boxes so i have no idea what colores they were. If someone needs the addy shoot me a messg. I'll be happy to give that info out

#9 rom x, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014