Favorite app?

lift603

Jun 23, 2009
Curious to see what apps you guys like the best..prettyyy sure i am getting the 3gs no later than thursday!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Right now I'm in love with Tiger Woods golf... what a stellar mobile golf game!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Right now I'm in love with Tiger Woods golf... what a stellar mobile golf game!
I like that one too even though I'm not a golfer in real life. I haven't played it all that much but will eventually spend more time with it. I like how smooth the players move. Of course, they lowered the price to $6.99 a day after I bought it for $9.99.

jkang5

Jun 12, 2009
I purchased hero of Sparta after it went down to $0.99 and enjoyed it, but the game was bit too short and easy. Definitely glad I didn't pay $5.99 for it. I just got fieldrunners and that's also a fun game. Scramble and unblock me are probably my favorite free games.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I just got a graphing/plotting/equation solving utility called TimeSpace... It's amazing. Wish I bothered to search for something like it a long time ago.

Anyway, I can now plot the Mandelbrot set on my iPhone. Wahoo.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wild West Pinball is awesome for the price (free!)

Jun 30, 2009
One of my best application is simply DirtyMouth. I really enjoy using it a lot and make fun with my friends. If someone wants to pick dirty on nice phrases according to his
personality and amaze friends and relatives in times when it is most
needed then DirtyMouth is a best way to express.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Lately i've found a lot of really good apps...

Jaadu VNC to control my computer from anywhere.

iStroboSoft to tune any instrument as accurately as i've seen any tuner do it.

Slingplayer for TV and AppleTV.

Panorama for ginormous panoramic pictures.

PocketDyno. More than just a novelty. It actually does calculate car statistics with iPhones accelerometers.

Myst. Time killer galore.

i used to be indifferent about apps, but when you spend a little time to look for good ones (and don't mind paying for them), they're invaluable.

BunnyGirl

Jun 27, 2009
Italy
Well I'm a social network addict so the apps I use most are Beejive and Facebook :D

Thomasj106

Jun 29, 2009
AroundMe. It has to be the best app out there. Tap the icon and a screen pops up with a list of catergorized places in close proximty to your current location. Looking for a gas station? Coffee shop? Bank? Or even better yet, looking for something not even listed?Click the search button and type in whatever you could possibly be looking for...it will find it...instantly. Then it will get you there. Much better than Google Maps. Plus it's FREE! Awesome app!

Mar 23, 2009
My favorites are: Penguin catapult (1 and 2) Pocket tunes (better than the lousy Sirius app. You get all stations including Howard without having to upgrade to CD sound which cost $4 a month). Skype and Air mouse

Curko

Jul 5, 2009
I had Band but it kept crashing :O But I really like the ebay app too, really convinient.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The game apps that I surprisingly enjoy are Spore Origin, and Zen Bound. The sound quality and graphics, and mostly the excellent use of the accelerometer make these two games outstanding in my opinion. Sometimes one doesn't truly know how well the games will play until actually trying them out.

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
I don't know, I've lost countless hours with Paper Toss. Yeah, it's a simple, almost juvenile game, but oh so addictive. And Midomi is pretty handy. It's like Shazam, but with added features like you can sing or hum into it and it's yet to let me down.

Also Pandora's Box is pretty awesome, it lets you know about new apps, discounted and even temporary free apps and links you directly to the app store to get them.

nikkibee

Jan 21, 2009
Amarillo, TX
i'm completely addicted to flight control, currently. i also like peggle quite a bit.

lift603

Jun 23, 2009
just got my iPhone last night..got a few good apps so far thanks to you all :)