Favorite books?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
assuming that some people still read (i didn't read recreationally until last summer), what are your favorite books?

MINE:
Fight Club, Choke, Harry Potter 1-3(eventually i'll read the rest), I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, Of Mice and Men

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The Stand (Stephen King), The Da Vinci Code, Harry Potter Books (all of them; I read the seventh in a week.), and of course:

iPhone: The Missing Manual (Pogue).

- John

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I also really like the Harry Potter series. Some of my fav books include Brave New World, 1984, and Farenheight 451. I am a sci-fan, and I also like fantasy.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
The Stand (Stephen King), The Da Vinci Code, Harry Potter Books (all of them; I read the seventh in a week.), and of course:

iPhone: The Missing Manual (Pogue).

- John
ohhhh-I forgot about the stand. I read that a
long time ago! The DaVinci code was awesome. I had trouble putting that one down.

I need some suggestions for a few food books to take on trips over the next few weeks...

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Le Petit Prince - Antoine de Saint Exupéry
The hunter and the whale - Laurens van Der Post
Zen and The Art of motorcycle maintenance - Robert Pirsig
Ella minnow pea - mark dunne
The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime - haddon

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Tons, but a few that spring to mind quickly:
Down & Out In Paris & London
The Sun Also Rises
Lovely Bones
Fever Pitch
High Fidelity
A Year in Provence
Filth
The Secret History

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ah I probably don't read as much as I should these days but of course the Harry Potter series, the DaVinci Code (and most other Dan Brown books) top my list along with other random books. I didn't mind "A Million Little Pieces" and I really liked "The Poisonwood Bible". Just for the record, I read both of those without realizing they were Oprah books. I really could care less what she recommends.

Anyone know what her latest recommendation was?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
My daughter brought home the The Golden Compass to read over Christmas break. I borrowed it, read it, and really enjoyed it. I actually went out and bought the whole trilogy, and read the Subtle Knife and the Amber Spyglass also. Now I have them for my kids to read when they want to. We did a lot of driving and flying so I had a lot of spare time. Especially after I ate up my iPhone battery on EDGE while in the car...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Just went through Eric Clapton bio.

Also I love BIG books.

H

Hayesimus

I read Science Fictions/ Star Trek mostly. :S I'm a dork, But my favorite story is Watership Down. ANyone ever heard of it? It has a small cult following on the net.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I read Science Fictions/ Star Trek mostly. :S I'm a dork, But my favorite story is Watership Down. ANyone ever heard of it? It has a small cult following on the net.
Is that the one with rabbits or something? Recall the title, but not what it's about ...

H

Hayesimus

yes that's it!

H

Hayesimus

its about a rabbit that has a vision of his warren(home) destroyed and he warns everyone and only a handful follow him out. and they journey toward a promisedland so to speak. i didn't know what it was about when i picked it up, but man, its is one of the most enjoyable books i've ever read. I know it sounds silly when i describe it. But if you give it a chance, it will impress you.