Favorite "bored" app

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Just wondering what jailbreak app or web app you guys go to when your bored, and need to kill a little time.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
iRovr, EIC, Solitare, and Wallpaper.

- John

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
If I'm bored and on the iPhone I'm either watching wallpapers stream by on iapp a days wallpaper app or I'm on EIC.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if nothing online, then definitely watching a video via iPod.

jailbreaking is cool and all, but don't shortchange the stuff Apple gave us from the get-go.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
EIC or Beejive

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
seems like the same things I do. See I just recently went through everything in the jailbreak app list (for my sources) and I think I have everything I want. Now I'm out of new stuff to wow me.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
seems like the same things I do. See I just recently went through everything in the jailbreak app list (for my sources) and I think I have everything I want. Now I'm out of new stuff to wow me.
I'm always ready for new stuff - seems like it's got a little quite the last week or two on new apps releases. Maybe a lot of the devs are working away on their App Store stuff ...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the last week or two?

man, haven't found much in the last few months!

touchpad is really the only new thing to come to mind...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
the last week or two?

man, haven't found much in the last few months!

touchpad is really the only new thing to come to mind...
Touchpad is excellent. There have been quite a few that I've found either useful or entertaining if I go back a little farther than last couple weeks. Things like TimeCapsule (backup app)m SpringDial for speed dial icons on the Home screen.

Oh, and two pretty recent ones (last week or so) that I'd forgotten about:
Geopedia - generates Wikipedia hits relevant to your location
CubeWorld = pretty awesome panoramic images viewer thingie

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
maybe i've just been less experimental lately...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it rocks. smoothest running machine i've ever had. I really want to get a nice, big monitor for games and DVDs... maybe once my pocketbook recovers a bit.

how about yours?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Same. So, so glad I got it and switched. XP runs sweet in a VM for the rare occasions I want or need it. Still lots to learn and get used to, but love the stability, speed, and tons of the sick features.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Touchpad is excellent. There have been quite a few that I've found either useful or entertaining if I go back a little farther than last couple weeks. Things like TimeCapsule (backup app)m SpringDial for speed dial icons on the Home screen.

Oh, and two pretty recent ones (last week or so) that I'd forgotten about:
Geopedia - generates Wikipedia hits relevant to your location
CubeWorld = pretty awesome panoramic images viewer thingie
TimeCapsule is great. It's saved me quite a few times where I've accidentally deleted some rather important notes.

By the way, good to hear you're enjoying the Macs. I'll be glad to help out with anything you need assistance with. (I sound like I'm working at the Apple Store again.)

- John

itskels

Mar 3, 2008
Buckeye Nation
i watch videos that i d/l from MXTube, play iSolitaire or DopeWars and Office Wars...or just surf the net.