Favorite feature of the iPhone 5

Fishcake

Sep 12, 2012
Personally I love the metal back because it makes the phone much more durable as a whole, I also like how they have upgraded the front facing camera as it has been pretty bad on the previous models, Especially the noise performance.

What is your Favorite thing about the new handset?
and is there anything you don't like about it?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Definitely the bigger retina display as well as the lighter/thinner size. I'm not a fan of bulky phones and this one just hits the spot!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's still early, but I'd have to say the display. Camera improvements are always welcome, but I was more than happy with the camera on the iPhone 4S. It produced consistently great results.

primsa

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Rockford Il.
It looks nice but with the amount of people Apple employs I would expect more after 1 year of development. The new iPhone hardware is still behind some of the other phones available. I have had all the iPhones since the first one and currently have 3 iPhones with AT&T but since AT&T doesn't support 4g lte where I live I will probably switch to Verizon and maybe switch phones as well.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
It looks nice but with the amount of people Apple employs I would expect more after 1 year of development. The new iPhone hardware is still behind some of the other phones available. I have had all the iPhones since the first one and currently have 3 iPhones with AT&T but since AT&T doesn't support 4g lte I will probably switch to Verizon and maybe switch phones as well.
I must have missed something. I thought AT&T did support LTE?! Is it area specific?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Coming from a 4, the camera quality/speed excites me the most. In general though, I think the A6 is going to be the silently killer feature ultimately.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
For me, probably LTE. But I'm also worried about battery life. I know on the keynote they said 8 hours of 3G or LTE browsing time, but on their spec sheet, it doesn't specify LTE time, only 3G.

18HuT.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
For me, probably LTE. But I'm also worried about battery life. I know on the keynote they said 8 hours of 3G or LTE browsing time, but on their spec sheet, it doesn't specify LTE time, only 3G.

18HuT.png
LTE is mine as well. My thoughts are that Apple waited to add LTE until energy-efficient chips were available and cost-effective, so hopefully the eight hours is fairly accurate and equivalent with the battery drain rate on 3G.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashanes00

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
Bigger screen and the all black look. So sexy!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Siri! Oh wait, that will still be worthless. So I guess nothing really.... But the nano looks good. Might pick one of those up.