Favorite Feature

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
There are many features on the iPhone that fits different people's needs. When it comes to you, what feature is your favorite? If you want you can add an ordered list of your favorites.

Also, besides the main features what other things do you like?

For me my favorite feature would be the sms messaging. I like how it separates your different conversations into categories by name. Also that you can log all of your messages.

Besides this main feature I love the little red numbers above the email, phone and sms when you get something new. Very useful.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
favorite main feature: it plays music. i love music, end of story :)

favorite little thing it does: i also like the "threaded sms" messages. i remember when i had other phones, sometimes i would forget what i wrote the other person so their response wouldn't make much sense.

favorite surprise: when i found out(on my own) that i could pause/play/skip tracks using the button in the headphones' speaker. that was a fun day :D

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
favorite main feature: it plays music. i love music, end of story :)

favorite little thing it does: i also like the "threaded sms" messages. i remember when i had other phones, sometimes i would forget what i wrote the other person so their response wouldn't make much sense.

favorite surprise: when i found out(on my own) that i could pause/play/skip tracks using the button in the headphones' speaker. that was a fun day :D
I also had that problem with my old razr phone. When ever I couldn't remember what someone said I would have to go back and view my inbox. Time consuming and annoying.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's really hard to determine my absolute favorite feature but among the best are Maps, SMS and the iPod function itself. But if I absolutely HAD to choose, I would go with the SMS because it's so easy to differentiate between separate conversations and to send quick replies to everyone.

bnelse92

Jul 29, 2007
I would say number one is visual voicemail.
Second would be Google maps as a great 411 source.
Third would be ipod function. I have had windows mobile devices before that would supposedly play music, but the iPhone has such a nice interface and great sound.

Great post by the way, let's all celebrate what is great about the iPhone!

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I've messed with other phones that had internet and they SUCKED. I spend a lot of time on the net now while i'm at work, or out and about. I don't mind waiting for things anymore.
Stuck behind a looooong line at the drive through? No problem.
Standing in line in the grocery store behind the 5 people doing their monthly shopping and using checks? No problem.
Sitting in the car while my girlfriend runs in to the store "real quick" no problem.
Waiting at the airport to board my flight and hearing them announce a delay? No problem.

Thank you, iPhone.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I've messed with other phones that had internet and they SUCKED. I spend a lot of time on the net now while i'm at work, or out and about. I don't mind waiting for things anymore.
Stuck behind a looooong line at the drive through? No problem.
Standing in line in the grocery store behind the 5 people doing their monthly shopping and using checks? No problem.
Sitting in the car while my girlfriend runs in to the store "real quick" no problem.
Waiting at the airport to board my flight and hearing them announce a delay? No problem.

Thank you, iPhone.
haha i know EXACTLY what you're talking about! also, i find that if i'm listening to music, nothing usually can get me bored(but that's just because i LOVE music..).

it makes everything less painful

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My last phone (an unlocked krzr) wasn't US internet compatible so now that I have the iPhone it's hard to understand how I survived without using the internet constantly. The iPhone is so convenient for wasting time anywhere I am. Actually, earlier at Chili's my friend and I were having a debate about how long it would take to get to St. Augustine from Gainesville and I was able to use my Maps App to prove my point. It felt so rewarding.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Actually, earlier at Chili's my friend and I were having a debate about how long it would take to get to St. Augustine from Gainesville and I was able to use my Maps App to prove my point. It felt so rewarding.
you should have secretly looked it up in the bathroom, and then told him the exact time google maps says :p

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
While I use SMS most, my favorite feature is still REAL mobile web/maps. I absolutely love being able to lookup, login, visit, browse when I need to while on the go!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Loving iTunes.
People are whining that 1.1.1 was an unsatisfactory update, but to me, iTunes is great.

Of course, I love every other feature of it as well.