Favorite Headsets (not headphones)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

simplegray

Jul 14, 2007
What is your favorite headset for your iPhone?

Now I realize most of you had to get the adapter as well but what is the best headset for your phone?

Also, I'm looking into one that can also double as a good headphones as well.

climr

Jul 31, 2007
I'll assume you just mean something that includes a microphone and a pushbutton clicker rather than just normal earphones? There aren't that many options right now, but I'll give a quick list of what I know about and what I have heard is coming

1. V-moda just released a version with a clicker finally. These are cool looking headphone. Mixed review on sound quality.

2. Ultimate Buds Apple/ER6i - a mashup between the Apple headest cord and the Etymotic ER6i buds. You can find a review on ilounge and other places. Obviously I'm biased toward these :)

3. Ultimate Buds Apple/FS1 - a mashup between the Apple headset cord and Future Sonics FS1 buds. Again, I'm biased :)

4. Rivets, a nice mid-low level replacement. About $30, again mixed reviews on sound quality.

5. There are rumors that Ultimate Ears may release an iPhone cord in the near future. All of ultimate Ears upper end have replaceable cords, so this will just be a simple plug and play cord for those that already have Ultimate Ears products.

6. Jays is planning to release an iPhone product around Christmas.

7. There have been rumors of Etymotic releasing something, but I haven't been able to get a definite answer.

8. There are a bunch of very cheap versions popping up on amazon/ebay, but what we've tried sounded terrible.

There are probably more popping up or something I've forgotten, so maybe others can add to this list.

Brad
Ultimate Buds
www.ultimatebuds.com

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
I just received my Ultimate Buds ER6i set and am very pleased with them.

The Apple mic/clicker functionality works perfectly, the cord length is great (actually an improvement I think on the overly generous Etymotic cable) and the sound is top notch. I have always enjoyed my standard ER6is for the clarity of sound (and great isolation) but I'm beginning to think these Ultimate Buds are a bit better even.
Somehow they sound a bit warmer, yet still crisp and clear.

Using them for the first time in a phone call earlier made me a little self conscious as someone else was in the room and initially I struggled to moderate my voice appropriately. But it only took a few seconds to get used to.

I will probably use the stock buds at work though, as these Ultimates are VERY effective noise isolators - too effective for my office environment I think.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for Ultimate Buds.

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Just placed an order for the Ultimate Buds/FS1 earphones.
How do they compare with the Shure E3C? I have the E3C's and am not that impressed. I like the sound isolation aspect, but find regular earphones sound better when held into position on ear.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I just brought the V-Mod Vibe Duo today. I am not disappointed. I've had these things in my ears ever since I got back home with them. Great way to spend $100. They sound verrrrrrry good!

kwan

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
How's the sound quality of calls on the receiving end?
My wife was on it and I thought she had me on speakerphone

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
How's the sound quality of calls on the receiving end?
My wife was on it and I thought she had me on speakerphone
I haven't talked with anyone tonight with them; but I did leave a message for myself to listen to. I didn't notice anything outstanding in terms of quality. I think the better test will come from actually talking with someone.

Maybe someone that has these same headphones will chime in.