Favorite holiday food-with memories

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
So, after posting my sad story I thought it would be nice to stir up some good memories. What is your favorite holiday food and why?

My favorite Christmas cookie is a chocolate chip cookie with nuts and coconut. I love the flavor, but I remember the days of making cookies with my mom. We would make many different cookies and it would take days.

I also love a cranberry bread that I would help my dad make. It is yummy and a fun thing that I would do with my dad.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I love everything and anything about Chrristmas. My birthday is on the 24th, I love giving and receiving gifts, food, and family.

- John

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I love everything and anything about Chrristmas. My birthday is on the 24th, I love giving and receiving gifts, food, and family.

- John
Yeah-Happy birthday! My grandfather's birthday is Christmas day! (the same grandfather)

Come on, give me one favorite food. Like, does your mom make a special pie or turkey stuffing that you always have? Or maye you always get a special Christmas eve birthday cake?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay, last post for the night.

My Grandmother makes a truly awesome stuffing. I could eat the whole bowl.

- John

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Does Guinness count as food?

Seriously though, cookies! Christmas cookies! My Grandma used to make the best!

As far as memories go...I remember laughing with my family every time we received a fruit cake :D

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I too love absolutely everything to do with Christmas and my birthday is on December 26 (turning 21, wooo) and my mom has a few recipes that I just cannot live without. One is a "Mac and Cheese" dish with noodles and cheese (obviously lol) and bacon. After cooking the bacon my mom uses some of the grease to make milk gravy which she then melts an entire block of Velveeta chese into and then mixes in the bacon bits and pours it all over the cooked noodles. It is not the most healthy dish in the world but definitely one of my favorites. She also makes a mean 7-Up PineApple Upside Down Cake and the best Coconut Cake imaginable. Mmm...I'm hungry.