FC: iPhone 2.0 Icons Swap - App Store, Mobile iTunes, Calculator

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Howdy, this small Fight Club update adds 2.0 Icon Swap.

Thanks to Jbarrack and his scouring the net, we've got the 2.0 icons for AppStore, Calculator and Mobile iTunes. I've put them up in the Fight Club to automate the swap process, exchanging the Installer icon for the AppStore icon, and the Mobile iTunes and Calculator icons respectively.

Refresh your sources!

To Add My Source
Please check the link in my Signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks again 999, you continue to help us all out. Appreciate it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've been using the AppStore icon as my Installer icon for some time now - i got it off Apple's site. But to be honest, I can't stand the new Calculator and iTunes icons. I like the arrow and round buttons much better.

- John

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I quite like the changes, the Mobile iTunes icon is much more descriptive now at first glance. I think we're conditioned to seeing the circle represent a Store, and whats inside of that circle represents what the store sells.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I quite like the changes, the Mobile iTunes icon is much more descriptive now at first glance. I think we're conditioned to seeing the circle represent a Store, and whats inside of that circle represents what the store sells.
What I'm wondering is if the square buttons on the new calculator icon signifies that 2.0 will give the actual calculator app square buttons. That seems very Vista-like to me.

- John

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, theres a leaked photo of the new calculator app up over at hakint0sh I think it was. The buttons are indeed square, and it looks like they've added more buttons/functions to the app as well. I don't use it much so I may be wrong, but the area with the buttons definitely looks a lot less "airy" with all that space between them.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
I too like the icon change. Now that iTunes is not above the iPod I think that the icon makes sense to have a change. There is no need anymore for the arrow. I also the new calculator icon. All the icons around it have some sort of roundness to it (clock, iTunes, appstore). This changes things up a little. I like periodic icon facelifts.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
My current calculator does have black buttons, but they're square and glossy. Hopefully Apple's is similar.

Default.jpg

- John

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
what? using the appstore icon for installer? thats like blasphemy or something! lol
besides... how are yall going to tell which ones which if you update to 2.0 when it cones out?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
what? using the appstore icon for installer? thats like blasphemy or something! lol
besides... how are yall going to tell which ones which if you update to 2.0 when it cones out?
Thats a good point. But for me anyway when 2.0 comes out 3rd party apps will be available. So I wont need to jailbreak and have installer app. THe only reason why I do now is for apps.