Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Fear the Walking Dead[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-07-05[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Dave Erickson[/SERIESAUTH], [SERIESAUTH]Robert Kirkman[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Cliff Curtis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kim Dickens[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alycia Debnam Carey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frank Dillane[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world, will answer that question.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I am excited for Fear The Walking Dead. I can't wait to see how it started and see how they deal with the early onset of the zombie apocalypse.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I am excited for Fear The Walking Dead. I can't wait to see how it started and see how they deal with the early onset of the zombie apocalypse.
SPOILER ALERT for those not familiar with the original The Walking Dead TV series.

The trailer mentions that they don't know if it was caused by a virus or a microbe...

Knowing what we know from TWD, I'm curious to see what has triggered the "zombie" phenomenon. Everyone is already infected and "turns" when they die, whether they were bitten or not, right? Is it part of human DNA that activated on its own due to a stress factor?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
SPOILER ALERT for those not familiar with the original The Walking Dead TV series.

The trailer mentions that they don't know if it was caused by a virus or a microbe...

Knowing what we know from TWD, I'm curious to see what has triggered the "zombie" phenomenon. Everyone is already infected and "turns" when they die, whether they were bitten or not, right? Is it part of human DNA that activated on its own due to a stress factor?
I haven't read TWD comics, but going from what we know from the show:
1. Correct. It doesn't matter how they die or if they were scratched or bitten by a zombie.
2. I think it's viral. The scientist at the CDC in episode one talked to Rick about it. Everyone became infected after it was released into the air, though we still don't know how. It's "activated" upon death. The virus might cause a gene mutation that results in the zombie state after death, but if so it's a mutation that's caused by a virus.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
AMC is having TWD marathons on Sundays, one season per Sunday leading up to the new Fear TWD premier. Seasons 1-3 have already aired, but if you want to catch the seasons 4 and 5 tune in on the 16th and 23rd respectively. I know many folks can watch each season on demand and/or on Netflix, I'm just throwing this out there. More details here: http://www.thewalkingdead.com/amc-to-air-walking-dead-month-long-marathon/

The reason I'm posting this is that, though my DVR is set to only record new episodes, I noticed an 8 minute segment was recorded during last Sunday's marathon. It was some background on the spinoff that was more in depth than the previous trailers/previews that I've seen.

Did anyone else catch that segment?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
AMC is having TWD marathons on Sundays, one season per Sunday leading up to the new Fear TWD premier. Seasons 1-3 have already aired, but if you want to catch the seasons 4 and 5 tune in on the 16th and 23rd respectively. I know many folks can watch each season on demand and/or on Netflix, I'm just throwing this out there. More details here: http://www.thewalkingdead.com/amc-to-air-walking-dead-month-long-marathon/

The reason I'm posting this is that, though my DVR is set to only record new episodes, I noticed an 8 minute segment was recorded during last Sunday's marathon. It was some background on the spinoff that was more in depth than the previous trailers/previews that I've seen.

Did anyone else catch that segment?
Yeah, my DVR automatically recorded it. Looking forward to it. They said the zombies have a different look since they haven't been decomposing for a year and half. I haven't seen any of season 1 of TWD lately (I watched it all in real time and haven't gone back at all). Did the season 1 zombies look "fresher" than those from the later seasons?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yeah, my DVR automatically recorded it. Looking forward to it. They said the zombies have a different look since they haven't been decomposing for a year and half. I haven't seen any of season 1 of TWD lately (I watched it all in real time and haven't gone back at all). Did the season 1 zombies look "fresher" than those from the later seasons?
Good question, I don't recall either.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I did catch the 8-minute preview. We have to change our TiVo to record repeats. We re-watched every season on Netflix, but the last one. I'd like to record and watch that.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Season 1 zombies looked like they've been decomposing for a while.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Season 1 zombies looked like they've been decomposing for a while.
Yeah, that's the way I remember it. The "older" zombies in it were only around five-weeks old. It's an inconsistency that they are introducing in FTWD.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Yeah, that's the way I remember it. The "older" zombies in it were only around five-weeks old. It's an inconsistency that they are introducing in FTWD.
Agree, I also wonder if these new zombies will be the "fast" type of zombie that can outrun you.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
These "new" zombies are just fresher versions of the regular old zombies. The show is basically a flashback.
Ohhh ok, I actually like the fast zombies better, more dangerous. Although the slow and steady pursuit could be a more frustrating way to die as you get tired and slow down with plenty of time to contemplate death.