Features in iOS 7 not mentioned

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Hondamaker, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

2. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I am curious of what the new version of Wi-Fi hotspot is?
    Tom

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

features.png

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Apparently the clock icon is live and you are able to put Newsstand in a folder.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I wish the Weather App icon would show the current temp as well.

6. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, with the new backgrounding implementation for all apps, I'm surprised they didn't do that. Also a dynamic icon - sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, etc.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

"Quick Reply for text messages from notification itself. No need to open that app & then send a reply or leave current open app."

Hmm...

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I've seen multiple people say there is no quick reply in iOS7.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Hmm... The more I look at the video on the Apple site on iOS 7, the more it reminds me of Android.... At this pace I mind as well join you and get an HTC one. :D

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's fine. Just realize that you'll still have to get a third-party app in order to get in-app quick text reply.

11. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I do like the parallax since it adds some dimensionality to an otherwise flat design. I do wish they would have allowed us to close all multitasking apps with a single swipe or touch. Looks like we still have to close each one individually.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Why are you so fixated on where these features were first used? But if you insist on pointing out that each of these are not brand new features being used for the first time in history, you might want to redirect back to the the iOS jailbreak developers. BiteSMS and Quick Reply are old. We've had this feature on on jailbroken phones since before the first Android smart phones hit the scene.

Also, as I've pointed out before, the stock Android messaging app does not have Quick Reply - you have to use a third party app.

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm not but to answer your question; Apple is supposed to be innovators and for multitask the best they could come up with was to use Android's, except that you swipe vertically to close instead of horizontally. That's just an example. Europa, I'm just sharing my thoughts, this is not a right or wrong thing :D

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

At some point I have got to stop replying to you because this "first" stuff is just silly... But for now, you do know that HTC's cards look an awful lot like the Web OS cards used on the Palm Pre back in 2009, right? But more importantly, who cares? It's like the phones themselves - you can't have a small rectangular-shaped device look that much different from the competitors. The phones and the icons are going to look similar. They can't look like, say, a car or a lion or something else "innovative." I want the features and I just don't give a crap if they were used on a jailbroken phone or an Android first. Android phones copied the iPhone but no one seems to care about that. ;)

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

If you stop replying to me, this will be a boring place to hang out...imagine, first you go, then naps will follow and I'll be all alone :D anyway, I really don't care about what Apple does, I just like commenting and sharing my thoughts. In the end we all know I'll be sticking with Apple :D

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Naps just said I'll never reach that point. I think he's right and we're in for a lot more bickering, disagreeing and thread derailing down the road. Brace yourself.

17. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

THIS is awesome. Thank you for posting this!

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Hmm. I wonder if that means we can put folders within folders now. That limitation was the reason Newsstand couldn't go in a folder (Newsstand is considered a folder).

• List
  19. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

No, Newsstand is just treated more like its own app instead of a folder.

• List
  20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Good. That's the way it should be.