Features in iOS 7 not mentioned

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
"Quick Reply for text messages from notification itself. No need to open that app & then send a reply or leave current open app."

Hmm...
Hmm... The more I look at the video on the Apple site on iOS 7, the more it reminds me of Android.... At this pace I mind as well join you and get an HTC one. :D

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I do like the parallax since it adds some dimensionality to an otherwise flat design. I do wish they would have allowed us to close all multitasking apps with a single swipe or touch. Looks like we still have to close each one individually.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hmm... The more I look at the video on the Apple site on iOS 7, the more it reminds me of Android.... At this pace I mind as well join you and get an HTC one. :D
Why are you so fixated on where these features were first used? But if you insist on pointing out that each of these are not brand new features being used for the first time in history, you might want to redirect back to the the iOS jailbreak developers. BiteSMS and Quick Reply are old. We've had this feature on on jailbroken phones since before the first Android smart phones hit the scene.

Also, as I've pointed out before, the stock Android messaging app does not have Quick Reply - you have to use a third party app.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Why are you so fixated on where these features were first used? But if you insist, you might want to redirect back to the the iOS jailbreak developers. BiteSMS and Quick Reply is old. We've had this feature on on jailbroken phones since before the first Android phones hit the scene.
I'm not but to answer your question; Apple is supposed to be innovators and for multitask the best they could come up with was to use Android's, except that you swipe vertically to close instead of horizontally. That's just an example. Europa, I'm just sharing my thoughts, this is not a right or wrong thing :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not but to answer your question; Apple is supposed to be innovators and for multitask the best they could come up with was to use Android's, except that you swipe vertically to close instead of horizontally. That's just an example. Europa, I'm just sharing my thoughts, this is not a right or wrong thing :D
At some point I have got to stop replying to you because this "first" stuff is just silly... But for now, you do know that HTC's cards look an awful lot like the Web OS cards used on the Palm Pre back in 2009, right? But more importantly, who cares? It's like the phones themselves - you can't have a small rectangular-shaped device look that much different from the competitors. The phones and the icons are going to look similar. They can't look like, say, a car or a lion or something else "innovative." I want the features and I just don't give a crap if they were used on a jailbroken phone or an Android first. Android phones copied the iPhone but no one seems to care about that. ;)

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
If you stop replying to me, this will be a boring place to hang out...imagine, first you go, then naps will follow and I'll be all alone :D anyway, I really don't care about what Apple does, I just like commenting and sharing my thoughts. In the end we all know I'll be sticking with Apple :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you stop replying to me, this will be a boring place to hang out...imagine, first you go, then naps will follow and I'll be all alone :D anyway, I really don't care about what Apple does, I just like commenting and sharing my thoughts. In the end we all know I'll be sticking with Apple :D
Naps just said I'll never reach that point. I think he's right and we're in for a lot more bickering, disagreeing and thread derailing down the road. Brace yourself.