Fed Ex won't hold at location

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by RicK james, Sep 24, 2015.

1. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

So i have read people are picking up their phones from Fed Ex instead of waiting or they won't be home. When I called they said Apple will not allow that and they need to be delivered. Does this sound correct?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I had a watch held at a FedEx hub a few months ago. I set it up online. Have you tried that? If that didn't work, did you call FedEx?

3. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

i did call Fed Ex. They were the ones stated Apple had to make the change. Seems odd. I think I will call back once it gets in the air

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That doesn't sound right. You go through UPS to have a package held there. Apple shouldn't need to be involved in having a package held at FedEx. FedEx can handle this through their own website. I even didn't have to call FedEx. I set it up online.

5. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

I just registered online and the section to hold for pick up is grayed out

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

What type of delivery is it? Here's what I just found at the FedEx website: "Pick up your package at one of our centers, so you don’t have to wait for a delivery or arrive home to find a door tag. You can ask us to send or redirect FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® packages to your choice of 1,800+ nationwide locations, many of which are open late. Best of all, it’s free."

I can't promise anything, but try visiting this site: http://www.fedex.com/us/office/hold-at-location.html

It says you can even redirect packages… so maybe you can send it somewhere else, i.e. your job, etc.

Wish you the best of luck.

7. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

It's the iPhone through Verizon

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I apologize for my vagueness. What I meant was, what type of delivery service is it? FedEx Express? FedEx Ground? FedEx Home Delivery? Is it one of those three in the quote I got at the FedEx website that I mentioned above? Or maybe it doesn't tell you yet which type it is?

9. lmluciano

lmluciano Member
    Bronze

Explains why the option is greyed out for me also. Mine shipped "standard overnight"

10. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

Yep it says standard overnight

11. lmluciano

lmluciano Member
    Bronze

Of course if that were true I should receive it today since it shipped on Wednesday.

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

13. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

when is this sucker departing memphis on a fed ex plane?

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You'll have it tomorrow. Meanwhile, enjoy the anticipation. It's almost as good as having it in your hands. :D

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

NOOO me too gray box FedEx AT&T

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

By tonight at the latest. They often hold them there until the night before delivery.

17. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

maybe allow won't even allow pick ups this year with Fed Ex? seems strange that we can with UPS

18. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

Speaking with a friend who is a rep with FedEx. Said the phones must be attempted to be delivered once before they can be held at the station for pick up. If for whatever reason the first delivery attempt has not been made on Friday. You still cannot have it held for pickup on Saturday.This is for both AT&T and Verizon customers.

19. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

but we can pick it up from UPS..weird

20. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Departure scan from Memhis at 1:07 PM. Arrival scan in San Diego 5:12 PM. Gonna wait for evening delivery tomorrow. Should arrive no later than 7:00 PM if the past is any indicator. Not going out to pick it up myself. In an unusual month of temps in the 90's and higher, tomorrow's going to be the hottest day of the week. The UPS driver can deal with the heat. I stay up 'til 3:00 or 3:30 most nights so there'll be plenty of time to set up 128GB, Space Gray 6S+, figure it all out, play, etc. Daylight picture taking will have to wait until Saturday afternoon.