Fed Ex won't hold at location

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RicK james

Bronze
Sep 5, 2011
So i have read people are picking up their phones from Fed Ex instead of waiting or they won't be home. When I called they said Apple will not allow that and they need to be delivered. Does this sound correct?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So i have read people are picking up their phones from Fed Ex instead of waiting or they won't be home. When I called they said Apple will not allow that and they need to be delivered. Does this sound correct?
I had a watch held at a FedEx hub a few months ago. I set it up online. Have you tried that? If that didn't work, did you call FedEx?

RicK james

Bronze
Sep 5, 2011
i did call Fed Ex. They were the ones stated Apple had to make the change. Seems odd. I think I will call back once it gets in the air

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
i did call Fed Ex. They were the ones stated Apple had to make the change. Seems odd. I think I will call back once it gets in the air
That doesn't sound right. You go through UPS to have a package held there. Apple shouldn't need to be involved in having a package held at FedEx. FedEx can handle this through their own website. I even didn't have to call FedEx. I set it up online.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I just registered online and the section to hold for pick up is grayed out
What type of delivery is it? Here's what I just found at the FedEx website: "Pick up your package at one of our centers, so you don’t have to wait for a delivery or arrive home to find a door tag. You can ask us to send or redirect FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® packages to your choice of 1,800+ nationwide locations, many of which are open late. Best of all, it’s free."

I can't promise anything, but try visiting this site: http://www.fedex.com/us/office/hold-at-location.html

It says you can even redirect packages… so maybe you can send it somewhere else, i.e. your job, etc.

Wish you the best of luck.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It's the iPhone through Verizon
I apologize for my vagueness. What I meant was, what type of delivery service is it? FedEx Express? FedEx Ground? FedEx Home Delivery? Is it one of those three in the quote I got at the FedEx website that I mentioned above? Or maybe it doesn't tell you yet which type it is?

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Speaking with a friend who is a rep with FedEx. Said the phones must be attempted to be delivered once before they can be held at the station for pick up. If for whatever reason the first delivery attempt has not been made on Friday. You still cannot have it held for pickup on Saturday.This is for both AT&T and Verizon customers.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Departure scan from Memhis at 1:07 PM. Arrival scan in San Diego 5:12 PM. Gonna wait for evening delivery tomorrow. Should arrive no later than 7:00 PM if the past is any indicator. Not going out to pick it up myself. In an unusual month of temps in the 90's and higher, tomorrow's going to be the hottest day of the week. The UPS driver can deal with the heat. I stay up 'til 3:00 or 3:30 most nights so there'll be plenty of time to set up 128GB, Space Gray 6S+, figure it all out, play, etc. Daylight picture taking will have to wait until Saturday afternoon.