fed up with 1.1.4

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
I have the 1st gen 16gig iPhone, tmobile, version 1.1.4, jailbroken/unlocked. I have tryed upgrading useing the method that creates the 2.0 custom firmware but iTunes crashed half way thu and basicly never worked. I want to get app store. There's people clamily the can unlock and jail break the latest firmware in 15 minutes. What would be the best method for me to follow and safely upgrade my phone?

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
You should try quickpwn
if it takes you 15 minutes with that method, you probably had to start over a couple of times.

Search the iPhone modification forum or google for "quickpwn"

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
it doesn't say it unlocks the iPhone. Does it only jailbreak it and not unlock it?

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Quickpwn seems too complicated.. ziPhone has spoilt us all :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
QuickPwn is not complicated at all - it's a completely automated process. Whether or not it's a great method jailbreaking, I won't say. But to the OP, try restoring to stock first in iTunes - that will bring you up to speed. Then download QuickPwn for Windows here and give it a try. If you're still stuck, don't hesitate to ask for help.

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
yes do that, let us all know how it works. I don't really care about jailbreaking anymore since app store is out but unlocking my phone is a major. So I hope quickpwn unlocks it.