Fed up with AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have been all over (just about every state) the United States in the last three weeks, doing photo shoots. I am sOOOOOOOOOO tired of AT&T, from no service, to dropped calls, to no or very, very, very slow Edge. I wish that there were more options for the iPhone, as far as service providers. I also have Sprint, people can say what they want about, Sprint's HORRIBLE customer service (I will agree with that). Sprint, hands down beats AT&T at coverage and also EVDO rev A coverage (Even in rural areas). I am so frustrated with AT&T, that I almost smashed my iPhone the other day. I personally think all phones should be sold unlocked, let the consumer pick their own poison. I also think a better heading for this thread would have been, AT&T SUCKS! Mark :mad:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
wow. I DO understand your frstration. However I do feel like your beating the iPhone up. Was one of your stops n the deep south? Edge in Savannah is GREAT! What so I know? I an really sorry that you feel this way...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you are right...... If u remember, not so
Long ago I ventured to Orlando and could NOT figure out why my edge icon turned to a completly blue block... Apparently because edge was NOT applibale.... Maybe in a small town like Savannah edge is viable.. IT IS GREAT HERE and my iPhone is worth every cent. I DO feel bad for you, however...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
you are right...... If u remember, not so
Long ago I ventured to Orlando and could NOT figure out why my edge icon turned to a completly blue block... Apparently because edge was NOT applibale.... Maybe in a small town like Savannah edge is viable.. IT IS GREAT HERE and my iPhone is worth every cent. I DO feel bad for you, however...
I would be so happy if my iPhone would work on Sprint's network. I just upgraded my Data Card for my laptop's. Sprint's internet, via Data Card is mind blowing fast. I deal with Sprint's rude customer service, because their service and coverage areas are KING! M

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Incredible point! If I was IN YOUR BOAT I would most likely be pissed..... You are correct. The iPhone should be capable of access onto existing networks at a better rate! $$$$. Its ALL about the money! With what WE paid initially, ALL should be available!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
its the opposite here in west texas AT&T has great service and Sprint sucks a** i wouldn't have sprint if you gave me a phone its horrid here. there coverage is terrible

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i went from california to vegas, to oklahoma to arkansas, and my service as good.... all the time, i was on this trip for 2 weeks and my iPhone was good theere...

phonian... nice to see you back bro

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I feel you. I went to Miami Beach the other the and the service simply sucked. The edge was slowed WHEN it worked. I do agree we need more options.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
If Sprint used SIM cards rather than SM then maybe it might. Or even with a SIM card - no idea how you got one in the first place - it still doesn't work than it probably because devs didn't bother with their service since they run on GSM networks.

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
interesting. i am in the navy and travel the country and world. and i have used every carrier. while sprint is ok on the east coast it is more than horrible on the west coast. AT&T was the only carrier i got superior service across the country with. i am not even kidding i may drop 2 calls a month.......

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Check out depthnerd with the new avatar!

Iphonian apparently uses his phone on a much more broader platform....

I, however, do not. But now I'm scared travel. Especially after the stupid letter we all
received from AT&T about over seas data service!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yep. Have had all 4 major carriers and none have even come close to comparing to the quality of signal & reception of AT&T. Hands down AT&T is the best.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Check out depthnerd with the new avatar!

Iphonian apparently uses his phone on a much more broader platform....

I, however, do not. But now I'm scared travel. Especially after the stupid letter we all
received from AT&T about over seas data service!
I usually have my friends across seas, they reason WHY I go overseas, set me up on a pre-paid plan. This way I can actually use it without having a plan.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
If Sprint used SIM cards rather than SM then maybe it might. Or even with a SIM card - no idea how you got one in the first place - it still doesn't work than it probably because devs didn't bother with their service since they run on GSM networks.
When I said Data Card, I meant the Sprint Data card (not sim card) I use on my laptops to access the internet via Sprint's Super fast EVDO rev A network...Mark

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
interesting. i am in the navy and travel the country and world. and i have used every carrier. while sprint is ok on the east coast it is more than horrible on the west coast. AT&T was the only carrier i got superior service across the country with. i am not even kidding i may drop 2 calls a month.......
Is that the secret to a good AT&T signal? One must be, Inverted? I just traveled from East to West and back on land (on every highway & By way) and as I said, AT&T SUCKS!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I love a good ranting once in a while! Cheers. If I wasn't so lazy I would probably rant to. I understand you pain iPhoneian.

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
Navy huh? Where you stationed man? Im stationed in Japan, about to separate in 12 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.