Fed up with AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have been all over (just about every state) the United States in the last three weeks, doing photo shoots. I am sOOOOOOOOOO tired of AT&T, from no service, to dropped calls, to no or very, very, very slow Edge. I wish that there were more options for the iPhone, as far as service providers. I also have Sprint, people can say what they want about, Sprint's HORRIBLE customer service (I will agree with that). Sprint, hands down beats AT&T at coverage and also EVDO rev A coverage (Even in rural areas). I am so frustrated with AT&T, that I almost smashed my iPhone the other day. I personally think all phones should be sold unlocked, let the consumer pick their own poison. I also think a better heading for this thread would have been, AT&T SUCKS! Mark :mad:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
wow. I DO understand your frstration. However I do feel like your beating the iPhone up. Was one of your stops n the deep south? Edge in Savannah is GREAT! What so I know? I an really sorry that you feel this way...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
OJ, I'm not beating the iPhone itself up. I am talking about AT&T's service. Most large cities are OK, but when you venture away from the city, service sucks, but is still strong with Sprint, even EVDO rev A...M

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you are right...... If u remember, not so
Long ago I ventured to Orlando and could NOT figure out why my edge icon turned to a completly blue block... Apparently because edge was NOT applibale.... Maybe in a small town like Savannah edge is viable.. IT IS GREAT HERE and my iPhone is worth every cent. I DO feel bad for you, however...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
you are right...... If u remember, not so
Long ago I ventured to Orlando and could NOT figure out why my edge icon turned to a completly blue block... Apparently because edge was NOT applibale.... Maybe in a small town like Savannah edge is viable.. IT IS GREAT HERE and my iPhone is worth every cent. I DO feel bad for you, however...
I would be so happy if my iPhone would work on Sprint's network. I just upgraded my Data Card for my laptop's. Sprint's internet, via Data Card is mind blowing fast. I deal with Sprint's rude customer service, because their service and coverage areas are KING! M

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Incredible point! If I was IN YOUR BOAT I would most likely be pissed..... You are correct. The iPhone should be capable of access onto existing networks at a better rate! $$$$. Its ALL about the money! With what WE paid initially, ALL should be available!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
its the opposite here in west texas AT&T has great service and Sprint sucks a** i wouldn't have sprint if you gave me a phone its horrid here. there coverage is terrible

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i went from california to vegas, to oklahoma to arkansas, and my service as good.... all the time, i was on this trip for 2 weeks and my iPhone was good theere...

phonian... nice to see you back bro

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I feel you. I went to Miami Beach the other the and the service simply sucked. The edge was slowed WHEN it worked. I do agree we need more options.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
If Sprint used SIM cards rather than SM then maybe it might. Or even with a SIM card - no idea how you got one in the first place - it still doesn't work than it probably because devs didn't bother with their service since they run on GSM networks.

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
interesting. i am in the navy and travel the country and world. and i have used every carrier. while sprint is ok on the east coast it is more than horrible on the west coast. AT&T was the only carrier i got superior service across the country with. i am not even kidding i may drop 2 calls a month.......

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Check out depthnerd with the new avatar!

Iphonian apparently uses his phone on a much more broader platform....

I, however, do not. But now I'm scared travel. Especially after the stupid letter we all
received from AT&T about over seas data service!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yep. Have had all 4 major carriers and none have even come close to comparing to the quality of signal & reception of AT&T. Hands down AT&T is the best.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Check out depthnerd with the new avatar!

Iphonian apparently uses his phone on a much more broader platform....

I, however, do not. But now I'm scared travel. Especially after the stupid letter we all
received from AT&T about over seas data service!
I usually have my friends across seas, they reason WHY I go overseas, set me up on a pre-paid plan. This way I can actually use it without having a plan.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
If Sprint used SIM cards rather than SM then maybe it might. Or even with a SIM card - no idea how you got one in the first place - it still doesn't work than it probably because devs didn't bother with their service since they run on GSM networks.
When I said Data Card, I meant the Sprint Data card (not sim card) I use on my laptops to access the internet via Sprint's Super fast EVDO rev A network...Mark

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
interesting. i am in the navy and travel the country and world. and i have used every carrier. while sprint is ok on the east coast it is more than horrible on the west coast. AT&T was the only carrier i got superior service across the country with. i am not even kidding i may drop 2 calls a month.......
Is that the secret to a good AT&T signal? One must be, Inverted? I just traveled from East to West and back on land (on every highway & By way) and as I said, AT&T SUCKS!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I love a good ranting once in a while! Cheers. If I wasn't so lazy I would probably rant to. I understand you pain iPhoneian.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I hear your pain... One day I can have blazin fast edge service and the next its slow as a snail... I am in NJ about 20 miles south of nyc

Saint

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
NJ & NYC
Navy huh? Where you stationed man? Im stationed in Japan, about to separate in 12 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.