fed up with these programs, need help.

Tomekkicks

May 9, 2008
ibrickr

where to start, i install it step by step perfectly

and i end up with scrolling text every single time. scrolling text / letters that force me to do a fresh restore... every single fucking time, no matter what!.. along the way of course it wont let me convert back to 1.0.2 so i guess that could contribute to my problem. But wait, i once actaully used ibrickr... what i did was i used Iliberty to jailbreak it and then i just tried to use ibrickr to add applications but that didn't work because i just got more errors pulled out of my ass.

iliberty (cydia) :

hey this actually works but wait i cant add sources, great... perfect.. yes, lets not add customize to cydia sources but lets add a bunch of apps that actually go with customize, and then lets deprive iPhone users of customize and every other program that cydia doesn't come with by not letting them add sources.

ziPhone:

its awesome! i can add sources, guess what youtube doesn't work no matter what, there are two fixes in the sources already for installer but they do not work. i repeat, they, do , not, work.

so they serve no purpose

customize:

yeah i actually got this with ziPhone, i try to run it on my springboard and nothing happens. i should have expected that since nothing really works.

is it because i have vista maybe?

i don't know what else to do.

so for now

i'll restore

and have a regular iPhone

so i don't have to put up with this

sorry, venting... very frustrated, wasted many hours.

suggestions?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
When you are restoring between breaks, are you restoring from a backup or as a new device? It's very important to do the latter.

Tomekkicks

May 9, 2008
im restoring from a backup..

gonna try idemocracy :p

Tomekkicks

May 9, 2008
im liking it so far, just... need 1.0.2 for customize :/

which i really have trouble doing... i don't know, everytime i try to go to 1.0.2 all hell happens and i end up needing to do a fresh 1.1.4

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Seriously man, you can't restore from a backup. Especially flipping through all these break methods. They will all leave residual files in your backup and that's why you're having all these issues.

Make sure your data is synced to a program other than iTunes (Outlook, Address Book, iCal, Safari, etc) then restore it as a new device... THEN jailbreak it (I recommend ZiPhone). If you do this I can almost guarantee most if not all of your headaches will go away.

Why do you want to go to 1.0.2 anyway?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Totally agree with Psylichon. Forget restoring from backup. And yeah 1.0.2 is way, way back - I don't use Customize, but pretty sure you can run it on all the way up to current firmware (with varying degrees of difficulty I guess) ...

Tomekkicks

May 9, 2008
customize is telling me i need 1.0.2, i'd like to customize my springboard / background and other stuff...

hmm, so... how would i go about saving all of my current contacts to a separate file? thats all i really need, and i guess i could start as a new device and not restore from backup :O

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Customize 2.0 is out and it is 1.1.4 compatible. Use that.

When you are connected to the computer, go to the device tab on the left in iTunes and select the Info tab along the top. There you can pick which applications the phone will sync data with.

Tomekkicks

May 9, 2008
weird, i got 2.0 and when i click / tap on it. it'll show a picture of a chicken then just exit back to the springboard :/

i did however figure out the contacts thing, thanks :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
weird, i got 2.0 and when i click / tap on it. it'll show a picture of a chicken then just exit back to the springboard :/

i did however figure out the contacts thing, thanks :)
Try customize 2.0 again after a proper restore/break... it may work out better for you.