Fedex WONT leave at door even with signature waiver form?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by z28black98, Jun 15, 2010.

1. z28black98

z28black98 Member

I work at the airport, and just dropped off a box at Fedex....I asked the lady about a signature waiver form, and she said "is it about next Thur and the new iphone?" I said why yes it is, she said they were instructed not to leave it at the door even with a signature waiver form.....she said if they leave it at the door with a form, and someone takes it...fedex wont reimburse you and you are SOL. now how true this is, I am not for sure, just relaying the info from the local fedex person.

She said someone MUST be there to sign for it, or if no one is going to be home, they need to be proactive, call and get it held at the facility for pickup.

Now my question is...does the box say apple or att all over it? I would think they would ship it in a standard cardboard box with no markings on it stating exactly what it is. Am I wrong in thinking that?
  2. tate

tate Member

You know I was wondering the same thing. Man I'm lucky my kids are out of school so they can sign for our iPhones..
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. And I thought that UPS and FedEx had to attempt at least one delivery before you could call to have an item held for pickup.
  5. z28black98

z28black98 Member

no, if you know you aren't going to be at home and it requires a signature, or if you are like me and work at the airport, and the fedex office is literally across the way....why not! Once you get the tracking #, call the fedex 800 # and ask them to put it on hold at your local facility.
  6. Luckykelleyk

Luckykelleyk New Member

What if you sign a piece of paper with your tracking info and request it to be delivered to your neighbor's house, and have your neighbor sign for it?
  7. flabyboy

flabyboy New Member

That's funny. They left my iPad at my front door without a signature or waiver form.
  8. radack1155

radack1155 Member

I doubt this is true. By signing that waiver you're saying that Fedex is not responsible if it gets stolen or something. We're the ones taking the risk.
  9. psylichon

psylichon Moderator

Ugh. Guess I better fix my doorbell sometime in the next week...
  10. and they shouldn't just leave them at your door..

regardless of how 'safe' the neighborhood looks..
  11. bambam26

bambam26 Member

You have to take into account that there are people who would wait to see if a FedEx truck leaves a box on peoples door steps on the 24th. The ship date and the carrier is not a secret so you know there are crooks out there looking for a quick score.
  12. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot

This will depend on each station. They all have their own little rules. Apple (and AT&T) do have specific rules and guidelines about how their items are delivered through FedEx. You can print out the shipment release authorization on apple's website.

But ultimately, it's up to the driver whether or not he/she will leave the package.
  13. z28black98

z28black98 Member

agreed! I know most criminals arent smart...but come on, we arent talking about a huge box here, shouldnt be that hard to determine. My one question is....does APPLE and ATT pay for priority overnight shipping? or just standard? I work at 2pm and USUALLY I will see the fedex or UPS man around 10-11am, but not always. Im hoping they ship gauranteed by 12noon or something.
  14. Luckykelleyk

Luckykelleyk New Member

15. turtle88

turtle88 New Member

hey - i checked your link and it is perfect - but I see no "Shipment Release Authorization” info anywhere on ATT site - dayum, now i am forced into a "sick day"
  16. Luckykelleyk

Luckykelleyk New Member

The way that I read it- it seems like when we get our delivery confirmation email it will direct us to the shipment release authorization. (oops sorry I missed that you said you ordered from att)
  17. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

The fedex pre sign form has instructions on where to leave the package if you are not present. At least last year, a neighbor WAS and option.

iPhones come in discreet cardboard packaging, but the return address is apple's.
  18. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Member

I signed a waiver for my 27" iMac for them to leave it on the back porch and that was last month. Can't imagine they would have a problem leaving something that is 1/6 the cost , but ya never know.
  19. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

But the date of shipping is known worldwide. Theoretically people could just follow around a fedex truck and wait for them to leave a little 3x3x6" box at someone's door and swipe it. Of course they could do that any day, but the likelihood of scoring something expensive and easy to sell (like an iPhone) is much higher on the 24th.