Few apps already installed no longer working on iOS 8.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by rugved1118, Jun 5, 2015.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,
    There are few apps which are not working ever since i have updated to 8.2. Some of the apps are : Up by jawbone, Book my show, hike messenger, etc.
    Can anyone please help me resolve this issue ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

4. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

5. Skuya65

Skuya65 New Member

E-mail the developer of the app and tell him the problem. It wouldn't be Apples fault. That's why Apple warned developers to update their apps.

Sent from a very sexy device.... Rawr...

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried deleting the apps and reinstalling them?

7. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Did already twice bt no change.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Please explain how they are not working. Do they crash upon opening? Do you get an error message?

9. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

The above apps crash when you try to open them without giving any error.
    These apps were working ever since my cell was jailbroken. Unknowingly, i had opted for factory restore from the iphone which then caused my iphone non-responding.. Seeking your assistance, i did a restore in DFU mode using itunes to bring back my iphone back to normal.
    From this incident, these three apps are not working.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If they crash upon opening, deleting them by pressing the "X" on the app icon when they are in wiggle mode and reinstalling them should work. I don't think I've ever seen that fail to fix the problem you are having. Try it again and reboot in between deleting the app and reinstalling it.

11. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Done what you have said but there is no change. What could be the possible reason ?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It doesn't make any sense. Please explain exactly what you did in detail just so I can be sure we are on the same page.

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Book My Show had a May 14th update. Maybe it was a bad update. Only one review. It's only optimized for the iPhone 5. But you have 3. Are any optimized for the iPhone 6? It shouldn't make a difference. But with some it does.

14. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Ok, I guess there is some confusion from my part while narrating the issue. So, let me explain in detail :-

I had Jailbroken IOS 8.1.2 on Iphone 5S which then I tried to "erase all content and settings" from the phone. Later on, I realised I shouldn't have done this on a jailbroken phone. It made my iphone got stuck at the boot logo. After seeking advice from the forum, I had to restore using iTunes with an update of iOS 8.2. Ever since I am on 8.2, these three apps are not working. a couple of updates for these apps had come up which I updated also hoping to work.... but hard luck.

Another problem is, I am unable to backup my iphone on icloud / itunes too. It displays an error "iTunes could not back up the iPhone because the backup could not be saved on the computer". I have also made sure that my backup is not done on icloud.

I would really appreciate if anybody could help me resolve this issue.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

To fix the app crashing problem:
    Delete the three apps from your phone by pressing the "x" while they are in wiggle mode. Now do a hard reset on the phone by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time. Release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. Now go to the App Store and download the apps again.

To fix the backup problem:
    Delete your existing iPhone backup files from Windows. After deleting them, try to make a new backup in iTunes. They are located here on Windows 7:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Let me know if these steps do not fix the problems and we will move on to the next steps.

16. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

To fix the app crashing problem:
    I have followed steps which you have mentioned but the problem still persists.

To fix the backup problem:
    I have followed steps which you have mentioned but the problem still persists.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. Now delete the entire backup folder in iTunes and try it again.

2. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Documents & Data > Are any of the three apps listed here? If they are, select Edit and then delete the info. Next delete the apps again and then reinstall them.

18. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

1. Now delete the entire backup folder in iTunes and try it again.
    Still the same

2. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > Documents & Data > Are any of the three apps listed here? If they are, select Edit and then delete the info. Next delete the apps again and then reinstall them.
    Tried deleting and reinstalling those three apps, but the problem still persists.

My handset is still under warranty, May I visit app store for this issue ?

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, I wouldn't take it to Apple. There is still a lot of troubleshooting you can do. You might need to reinstall iTunes to fix it.

First off, are you sure you have enough free space on the drive for the iTunes backup?

Was there any app info to delete in iCloud?

20. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Well, updating latest itunes might solve this problem. But will it resolve apps issue also after reinstalling n updating ?

I have approx 300 gb space on the drive.

I hace cleared everything from manage storage. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433673000.889475.jpg