Few questions about iPhone applications

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skeletor

Sep 12, 2007
I had a chance to use the iPhone last weekend, but there were a few things I forgot to try out that I've been wondering. I just discovered your site and I've found the answer to a few of my questions, but here are two I haven't found answers for ...

With the calendar software, when you add items can you set up alarms for when they are about to happen? Such as, if you put a 1:00pm meeting in the calendar, is there a feature to have it set off the alarm 15 minutes before the meeting?

I've read that you can receive a call while surfing the net via WiFi. (but not when using Edge) When you are on the call, are you able to continue to surf the net? If not, are you able to use any of the other software applications while talking?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
With the calendar software, when you add items can you set up alarms for when they are about to happen? Such as, if you put a 1:00pm meeting in the calendar, is there a feature to have it set off the alarm 15 minutes before the meeting?
Yes, you have many options besides 15 min also.

I've read that you can receive a call while surfing the net via WiFi. (but not when using Edge) When you are on the call, are you able to continue to surf the net? If not, are you able to use any of the other software applications while talking?
The phone is fully functional while on a call. Just push the home key and you're free to roam around. And you're right, the only thing that isn't fully functional is the Internet, which needs to be on Wifi if you want to surf during a call.