Few Questions - iPhone 4S

akraus87

Oct 20, 2011
1) When I sync music from iTunes to my iPhone it won't use the titles of songs or artists that I edit in iTunes, but rather the info/details you would find if you right clicked a song file and clicked properties, leaving my music on my iPhone completely disorganized. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

2) How can I mute the swoosh sound when I send a text message without silencing my phone?

3) Is there a way to edit what pops up and stays on the top status bar that can be pulled down?

Thanks!

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Get info on the songs in iTunes to fix whatever is messed up.

Sounds, set the sent message one to none.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
And forgot the third question, yes, in settings you can adjust what you get notifications for, turn on and off, whichever you prefer.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Since verwon got 1 & 2 covered...
#3 go into notifications and in the In Notification Center area, add / remove what apps you want to show up. You can also arrange the order they will appear so.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Since verwon got 1 & 2 covered...
#3 go into notifications and in the In Notification Center area, add / remove what apps you want to show up. You can also arrange the order they will appear so.
:D

akraus87

Oct 20, 2011
Ok the notification thing helps thank you and I did the get info, that's what I meant by song title edits that I make in iTunes.

And there is no sound for a sent message. I have the new 4S with ios5, don't know if that matters.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Ok the notification thing helps thank you and I did the get info, that's what I meant by song title edits that I make in iTunes.

And there is no sound for a sent message. I have the new 4S with ios5, don't know if that matters.
I think it may be the same as the sent mail one.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC

You can pick tones etc for mail in Settings- Sounds- scroll down

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I perfectly understand question 2 I had used a message tone for hubby which was rather long (timewise) while I tried to get Siri to reply she couldn't understand me because the sound from the ringtone was getting in the way
I went and switch back to generic for now

akraus87

Oct 20, 2011
what
I perfectly understand question 2 I had used a message tone for hubby which was rather long (timewise) while I tried to get Siri to reply she couldn't understand me because the sound from the ringtone was getting in the way
I went and switch back to generic for now
what do u mean what's generic?

akraus87

Oct 20, 2011
2) still hasn't been solved

3) now I realize I wanted widgets

akraus87

Oct 20, 2011
When I ask Siri to call "Home" she asks which home would I like to call and lists me "Allen Home" or someone else's home, in addition to just "Home". How do I get her to call just "Home"? thanks

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
When I ask Siri to call "Home" she asks which home would I like to call and lists me "Allen Home" or someone else's home, in addition to just "Home". How do I get her to call just "Home"? thanks
rename home to house?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Hmm give them a nickname? Dunno.