Fianally found somthing I do not like about the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

g-man

Oct 20, 2007
Finally found somthing I do not like about the iPhone

Alright, I am a iPhone fanboy, ( man do I fell like i'm at some kind of AA meeting)... What an addiction. Anyway, I have finally figured out one thing that I do not like about this invention of inventions.. Up here in the north it is snowing and cold.. When a call comes in I have to take my gloves of to answer a call. I tried to answer one with them on out of habit, and I missed the call. what is a guy supposed to do when it is freezing out? I guess thats the price we pay to have this wonderful device... I feel better now. thank you for listening or reading.. I guess.

G.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Alright, I am a iPhone fanboy, ( man do I fell like i'm at some kind of AA meeting)... What an addiction. Anyway, I have finally figured out one thing that I do not like about this invention of inventions.. Up here in the north it is snowing and cold.. When a call comes in I have to take my gloves of to answer a call. I tried to answer one with them on out of habit, and I missed the call. what is a guy supposed to do when it is freezing out? I guess thats the price we pay to have this wonderful device... I feel better now. thank you for listening or reading.. I guess.

G.

I made some for my son. It takes one second to get your precious index finger out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

g-man

Oct 20, 2007
I made some for my son. It takes one second to get your precious index finger out of it.
That, or I could just cut the very tip of my glove off, for that one finger so it will work... Should have thought of these things before I bought this. My how we don't think.

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
in summer, yes. Where i am, summer is nearly intolerable. I find winter to be rather agreeable, though.

Might just be the Norwegian blood in me.

g-man

Oct 20, 2007
Thats funny because when it comes to winter around here, I hibernate like a bear. I stay inside at all costs. I have been up north for 13 yrs now, and I still am not used to the cold or snow..

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Can anyone use a phone with gloves on? It shouldn't be just the iPhone that people should have problems with. The only thing that I can think of is that if you used to have a cellphone set to flip open to answer, then you can answer a call. Other than that, usage to me would be just as bad with any phone while wearing gloves.

g-man

Oct 20, 2007
The Point I was Trying to make is you can't slide the answer call button with Gloves on.. unless you use a head set then you can push the button on the ear piece

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well I live in Arizona and don't ever need gloves for winter (though I rarely wore them when I lived back in NY either--at least when I was only going from indoors to car to back indoors).

I do, however, ride a motorcycle. So I do wear gloves many times (never ride without 'em). It would be nice if I had a pair of gloves with some sort of "iPhone friendly" tips (like those "finger" iPhone styli that someone makes--perhaps as a gag). Like the OP I really would only want to answer calls or something equally as straightforward, not fully operate the iPhone (though if the "tips" worked I supposed I could).

That said the Treo I used before the iPhone wasn't too "glove friendly" either. I spent more time trying to hit the tiny center button on the D-pad than actually making a call. Almost always ended up taking the gloves off in the end.

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
wait, how can you possibly use a phone on a motorcycle?
Not when actually riding: gas stops, quick breaks, etc. I can make a gas stop, take the credit card out and everything, without removing the gloves or helmet (heck, without even getting off the bike most of the times--yes I know the risks).

I can add a Bluetooth module to my bike to take calls when riding through helmet speakers, but to be frank when I'm riding I don't really want to take phone calls (but when I make a quick stop it would be nice to be able to check for missed calls without having to take off the gloves).

--
Mike