Field Test App

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I have been trying to Create a Field Test application on the the SpringBoard. The method I have been using has with no luck has been modifying the .plist.

dict>
<key>displayIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.fieldtest</string>
</dict>

I put that into the icon list and install the the new .plist into

System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

The icon never shows up even when I apply an icon.png

I can change the order of the icons but that's it.

Any Suggestions?

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I thought there was already a field test app on Installer called FT.
I am not to sure what exactly you mean but yes there is a Field Test app already built into the phone. You can use it by dialing a certain code but I wanted the Application on the SpingBoad so i could just select it. It's funny now it is there.....just appeared..........I don't know.

I installed Tapp App so I can add third party apps, haven't installed any yet but here is what my current plist is: The strange thing is Field Test Appears 1st after preferences when clearly the order differs. ?

dict>
<string>com.apple.Preferences</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.apple.Installer</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.apple.fieldtest</string>

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
appTapp aka installer's list of native apps already has a native fieldtest.app, meaning someone already made one that can access fieldtest easily by selecting the icon.

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
appTapp aka installer's list of native apps already has a native fieldtest.app, meaning someone already made one that can access fieldtest easily by selecting the icon.
yes I was trying to bring the that Field Test App to the SpringBoard at first with no luck, but it's there now. Good to Go thanks for the help

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Call me dumb but what is Field App for?
The Field App is diagnostic tool used to gather information about the network. I haven't hacked the phone yet(im with t-mobile) so I actually haven't used the phone to see what exactly the information is that will come up but in the menu is has items like GSM (global system for mobile communiation aka Sim Network)

GPRS which stands for General Packet Radio Service

Most likely gives you info about how strong the signals are and how close you are to towers I am guessing