File explorer does not open when iPad is connected to PC?

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by Got_famous06, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

for some reason my pc stopped reading my ipad, iTunes still reads it but actual windows " file explorer" doesn't pop up with ipad. some suggestions said to delete the drivers and have it try to install again. or if anyone here has other info on what just happened lol

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A program you use to browse the file system auto opened before but isn't any longer? Does it still work when you open the program manually? If not, make sure afc2add is installed in Cydia. What file explorer are you using? Try reinstalling it or install and alternative. I use DiskAid.

3. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

It's just the windows file system, I'm not talking about a 3rd party program. iTunes still works, but under "my computer" my iPad doesn't show up.

What happened was I connected my pad to take pictures off and I had maybe 6 or 7 picture but when i got to the file to get the pictures off only 3 showed up. I couldn't get the others off, they showed up on my iPad still, but I couldn't get them off. I unplugged my pad thinking if I plug in back in it might read it the right way, but this time it didn't show up at all. But like I said iTunes still works. That's why I think it might be a driver problem, but I don't know how to delete them

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

5. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

Yes I tried to reboot, the thing is that it's not showing up at all under my computer, but it's still being read by iTunes, but I'll check out the link and see if any of that helps, and I'll try a restore as well

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do NOT restore. You will lose your jailbreak. 7.1 is not jailbreakable and you won't be able to downgrade.

7. Got_famous06

Got_famous06 Member
    Bronze

i meant a system restore on the pc lol